Cloud Partner Manager
The Palo Alto Networks Cloud Partner Manager is a senior specialist position. This position is an overlay position that specializes in public cloud and driving public cloud engagements within the channels organization.
The Cloud Partner Manager is responsible for revenue generation through target cloud providers and includes the recruitment, engagement, management and creation of the joint Go-To-Market strategy with a selected list of “Born in the Cloud” (BiC) Solution Providers, the public cloud aspects of Global System Integrators and select NextWave partners who have a public cloud focus. The Cloud Partner Manager is a senior level channel/sales position without direct reports, that functions as the key public cloud expert in channel engagements with selected partners to drive Palo Alto Network’s Public Cloud strategy.
The Public Cloud space is evolving and there is a new type of partner (“Born in the Cloud”) emerging that focuses on helping Enterprise customers build their strategies for Public Cloud including but not limited to business process definition, application creation and inventory, architectural review and business unit alignment to support Public Cloud. These new partners typically do not fit the traditional channel model but are incredibly strategic to both customers and cloud vendors like Palo Alto Networks.
Many of these new “Born in the Cloud” Solution Providers are unfamiliar with Palo Alto Networks or our value proposition for Public Cloud, so the Cloud Partner Managers prime responsibility is to engage with these targeted partners and drive a joint Go-to-Market strategy to increase Public Cloud customer opportunities and engagements and utilize the BiCs and Public Cloud GSIs for solution creation, services delivery and opportunity management in the Public Cloud space.
In addition, this role will work functionally with the theater’s sales teams to drive pipeline and revenue through public cloud provider contributions and will also work within the worldwide virtual Public Cloud organization consisting of Business Development, Product Marketing/Management, cloud provider engagement directors, and Channel Programs/Operations.
- Act as the knowledge leader for Public Cloud in the theater’s channel organization. Conduct consistent training and communications for the channel organization
- Support the theaterchannel organization on Public Cloud opportunities within the traditional NextWave partners
- Work with theaterchannel leadership to identify a focus list of 8-10 Born in the Cloud and Cloud GSI partners in theater
- Recruit, engage, manage and create joint Go-to-Market strategies with selected focus partners. Own every aspect of the partner engagement and deliver against performance objectives
- Quickly qualify all newly selected partners to ensure fit and desire to engage. If selected partner is proven to not be a good fit, need to disengage and work withtheater leadership to identify additional partners to be added to the focus list.
- Ensure newly recruited partners are successfully on-boarded and integrated into Palo Alto Network’s Public Cloud tier and build out supporting Professional Services and other service offerings
- Conduct consistent, extensive training and knowledge transfer to focus partners
- Consistently engage with and communicate with AWS, Azure and Google channel related resources on the engagement with new Born in the Cloud solution providers
- Partner with sales management to ensure new Born in the Cloud providers are well known by our field and are engaged successfully resulting in increased pipeline and public cloud revenue
- Facilitate joint selling between focus partners and direct sales teams
- Manage all associated pipeline and public cloud opportunities and provide consistent and timely reporting on all engagements with Born in the Cloud and GSI Cloud partners.
- Ensure all Born in the Cloud professional services on Palo Alto Networks is well understood by our internal PS and product teams
- Coordinate and collaborate with Palo Alto Network’s GSI Channel and Business Development on all GSI engagements. This position is only responsible for the Public Cloud aspect of these GSIs in an overlay, assistance model.
- Ensure all newly recruited Born in the Cloud and Public Cloud GSI focus partners fully understand Palo Alto Network’s public cloud strategy and value propositions and are technically competent and staffed to run successful public cloud customer POCs
- Engage Public Cloud Architects into the newly recruited Born in the Cloud and Public Cloud GSIs to ensure technical coverage as partner is ramped.
- Manage and ensure new partner’s compliance against all NextWave Public Cloud tier requirements and program guidelines including executed partner agreements
- Manage and monitor any referral and resell incentives as it relates to any Public Cloud specific incentive programs.
- Provide regular reporting on the state of the engagement and activity with selected focus partners to both theaterchannel leadership and virtual public cloud leadership team.
- Participate and contribute for all channel related program creation for Public Cloud
- Participate and present at theater specific channel QBRs and public cloud virtual leadership team calls, QBRs and meetings
- Attend and present at public cloud specific trade shows, industry events, internal meetings, field marketing events to represent public cloud channels
- A minimum of 10 years of deep, proven channel sales experience
- Experience with and the management of large partners and Global System Integrators
- Proven experience in recruiting strategies and execution of recruiting new partners
- Understanding of Public Cloud and the uniqueness of public cloud architectures
- Excellent communication skills including strong verbal and written skills and proven presentation skills being able to articulate complex topics
- Ability to travel globally
- Strong understanding of Enterprise and Cybersecurity markets including a deep understanding of the competitive landscape
- Proven ability to work in a matrix environment
- Experience with target account selling, solution selling and consultative sales techniques
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating with direct sales teams on partner engagements to drive pipeline and revenue
- Proven experience in building joint partner Go-to-Market strategies and execution of all plans including but not limited to; joint goals/KPIs, demand creation, over achieving bookings targets, joint marketing, solution and professional services creation, customer satisfaction, whitespace penetration and competitive positioning.
- Proven operational skills including deep experience with Salesforce.com, reporting, program compliance and ensuring data integrity
- Experience with building out professional services is preferred
- A Bachelor Degree is required