The Bank of America Infrastructure Operations team is seeking a highly technical Cloud Operations System Administrator who will be responsible for the Security, Stability and Performance of the internal Global Cloud service.
Under the leadership of the Global Lead, the individual will develop and deliver operating excellence within the Cloud Operations team through cultural, organizational and technology evolution in support of the next generation software defined platforms and infrastructure as code. The individual will maintain strong operating controls and strict adherence to security and risk management routines. The individual will develop technical strategies to deliver a 'service based' approach to the consumption and maintenance of IT Cloud Services through collaboration and partnership with peer and supporting teams. The individual will build on and develop the team's skillsets for future technologies and work in close partnership with Engineering teams to define and deliver Operational requirements.
Required Job Skills:
- Deep technical expertise and proven track record of managing virtualization technologies at scale
- 10+ years production experience with VMware technologies and x86 hardware
- Expert knowledge in SDDC, VRA, Software Defined Storage (vSAN) and Software Defined Networking (NSX-T)
- Expert knowledge in Container technologies (Kubernetes, Openshift, etc)
- Strong expertise in vendor provided Cloud technologies
- 10+ years applied experience with core Windows/Linux OS environment
- Understanding of modern software development lifecycle methodologies and the implementation of security principals
Desired Job Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information Security or related field experience
- Strong technical leadership, communications and collaboration skills
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment where time to delivery is of paramount importance
- Experience in defining and executing technical strategy
- Experience in performance analysis and Incident Management, with the ability to identify and remediate service disruption
- Ability to define, document and implement procedures and controls
- Strong understanding & ability to work to an ITIL or Agile framework
Core Technology Infrastructure Organization:
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving they need to remain vibrant and vital.
LOB Job Profile:
Leads and/or participates in the design, development, and implementation of complex system engineering activities involving cross-functional technical support, systems programming and data center capabilities. Responsible for components of highly complex engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities. Establishes input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility, coordination of subsystems design, and integration of total system. Viewed as a technology subject matter expert; able to provide and communicate complex technology solutions across differing audiences including technical, managerial, business executives, and/or vendors. Will have responsibility for multiple, complex projects; will direct activities of teams related to special initiatives or operations and may have direct reports. Leads the resolution process for complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results. Information Technology degree and/or technology certifications preferred or substantial equivalent experience. Typically 7-10 years of IT experience.Shift:
1st shift (United States of America)Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role