This Cloud Acceleration Team (CAT) is responsible for enabling stream-aligned product teams to deliver product features to the business at a higher velocity with reduced coordination. The team enables a cloud native platform comprised of a foundation of self-service APIs, tools, services, knowledge, support, organizational structure and operating model arranged as a compelling product. The team will provide operational support for the platform initially to enable accelerated feature delivery.
The candidate will manage operational components of the public cloud program including in-flight initiatives, service level metrics, technology resources, subscriptions, ongoing spend, training and development. He / She is responsible for identifying and help mitigate risks that need to be addressed by the CAT Team. He / She is also responsible for governance of public cloud instances and is the primary contact for audit and compliance related activities.
The candidate must be pragmatic, results-driven and able to articulate IT operational concepts to technical contributors inside and outside the company. The Standard is on a multi-year program to modernize key infrastructure and business systems. These programs are in flight now and we are looking for an ideal candidate who is a thought leader, consensus builder with a technology savvy mindset.
What you’ll do:
- Operationalization: Ensure services are properly provisioned and released to production once approvals are gained. Responsible for identifying and mitigating operations risks and oversee day-to-day operations of the platform
- Program Management – Drive initiatives for the CAT team utilizing a consistent and repeatable methodology. Collaborate with application product owners and release train engineers to synchronize releases and deliverables
- Service Performance – Responsible for monitoring, metrics, auditing and reporting on platform service performance. Responsible for development of appropriate dashboards and escalation of issues and opportunities
- Service Governance – Establish effective processes for managing subscriptions, instances and other public cloud resources. Collaborate with service provider and financial accounting to optimize platform spend against consumption and budget. Collaborate with asset management to ensure license compliance
- Disaster recovery/business resiliency – Collaborate with business continuity and disaster recovery teams to lead and implement cloud resiliency-by-design efforts. Oversee implementation of backup and recovery for the public cloud platform. Support execution of BCP/DR tests.
Who we want:
We are looking for a technology operations lead with a demonstrated track record of:
Skills & Expertise:
- Has Strong experience and demonstrated understanding of operations processes such as lifecycle management, patching, release management, systems change management and the application of these processes for public cloud platforms and services
- Has experience with tools and techniques to support monitoring, telemetry, logging, reporting/dashboarding and continuous delivery technologies
- Good understanding of automation practices throughout provisioning, development, build, test and deploy phases of solutions delivery life cycle
- Has experience with configuration management automation, containerization, build orchestration and cloud migration
- Experience with public cloud subscription, workload, financial, audit and compliance management
- Has experience operating in an AGILE environment. SAFe methodology experience is a plus
- Has experiencing collaborating with service providers and partners
- BS degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent experience in an enterprise organization
- 5 + years of IT infrastructure technology and services operations in an on-premise cloud or hybrid environment
- 5 + years of experience with Infrastructure and Platform design, engineering or administration
- 2+ years of experience with Cloud Services governance and operations
- 2 + years of experience with Metrics, Events, Logging, reporting and dashboarding utilizing Elastic, New Relic or other similar tools
- 2+ years of experience with technology budgeting, leasing and other financial management processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication