Carrier is a global provider of building technologies. Our fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilating, air-conditioning and refrigeration systems and services promote integrated, high-performance buildings that are safer, smarter and sustainable!
Carrier a leading provider to the building systems industries worldwide. Automated Logic Corporation is a world leader in building automation and related energy solutions. For more than 30 years, we have been dedicated to crafting easy-to-use building automation systems that provide the highest possible energy efficiency, while ensuring occupant comfort!
Automated Logic products can be found in highly advanced green building solutions across countless industries and in all corners of the globe. Our building automation systems are an integral component in LEED certified buildings.
You are a good fit if the following characteristics define you:
- Cloud Expert: Well versed in AWS solutions to migrate and redesign the application workload using new microservicebased architecture, containerization, serverless technology and APIs to name a few
- Operationally Focused: Passionate about resiliency, uptime, performance and automation
- Effective Communication: Excellent listener; proven collaborator with superiors, peers and staff
- Automation Driver: Constantly look for automation opportunities
- Curious: Hands-on, "roll up your sleeves" collaborative style of working
- Passionate: Bring energy and enthusiasm to the job and organization
- Achiever: Consistently attain/exceed individual and team goals
- Multitasker: Ability to juggle multiple work items
- Enjoy problem solving: Ability to find creative and reliable solutions to complex problems
- Build and manage multiple cloud-based engineering solutions
- Create and maintain key metrics and processes consistent with hosting utilization to ensure all requirements and SLA’s are met including high availability, scalability for performance and disaster recoverability
- Ensure a strong focus is on cyber security and working closely with the Carrier Cybersecurity team to implement all required technology, systems, processes and controls
- Communicate progress
- Explore and examine emerging technology and open source products across all platforms
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Re-engineer existing applications into AWS environments
- Collaborate with internal teams to find areas of opportunities for automation
- Work within and across teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack development tools and technologies.
- Participate in design and code review to ensure compliance with standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years' experience in Operations/DevOps or SRE
- 5+ years' experience on AWS.
- Subject matter expert on DevOps processes and tools in the cloud
- Experience with cloud cost optimization
- Strong experience in Cloud automation including Infrastructure as Code and the use of scripting languages
- Strong experience in Cybersecurity
- Strong experience in monitoring and metrics to drive improvements in performance and uptime
- Strong experience maintaining business-critical 7x24 applications, handling production outages and root cause analysis
- Strong experience of Amazon Web Services cloud components, including Compute, Network and Storage (IaaS and PaaS) and services
- Strong experience with Linux and Docker
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure cloud architecture and services
- Able to quickly grasp and understand megatrends and new technology and how it can benefit Carrier
- Experience in transforming legacy on premise architecture into modernized cloud-based solutions including utilizing microservices, containerization
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a large, complex organization
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.