We are seeking a Cloud Operations Engineer that can thrive in a challenging and rewarding environment. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, motivated and able to work in a very fast-paced environment. The Cloud Operations Engineer will be responsible for operating, administering, configuring and maintaining all enterprise Web and Application environments across multiple products with a strong focus on automation. Activities include defining and executing ongoing administration and application performance maintenance, procedures, and operations; problem diagnosis and resolution; participating in after-hours on-call rotation; as well as project support. The candidate will work closely with the database, system administration, development, QA, support and product teams to provide application expertise for highly integrated ASP and Web platforms.
This position is available in our Portsmouth, NH; South Portland, ME; Providence, RI; Alpharetta, GA; Garden City, NY office, or an open location within the US
- 3-5 years+ of experience working in a commercial software development role, preferably on an enterprise software product
- Experience programming in some compiled or scripted language
- Experience working in both Linux and MS Windows environments
- Experience developing projects to automate complicated manual processes
- Experience with build and deployment workflows (Maven is a plus)
- Familiarity with configuration management and automation platforms such as Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Capistrano or similar
- Understanding of fundamental security principles for network traffic and third-party software
- Some experience with SQL databases, preferably Oracle
- Problem triage/solving skills and ability to work independently in order to solve problems quickly and automate processes
- Bachelordegree in computer science related field or equivalent work experience
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills; an analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- A willingness to move forward aggressively on things under their own control and drive tasks to completion
- An interest in working hard, being challenged and having fun at the same
About Bottomline Technologies:
Bottomline Technologies (NASDAQ: EPAY) helps businesses pay and get paid. We help our customers to make complex business payments simple, secure and seamless.
Businesses and banks rely on Bottomline for domestic and international payments, effective cash management tools, automated workflows for payment processing and bill review and state of the art fraud detection, behavioral analytics and regulatory compliance.