Avaya is seeking a senior level network & security professional. The Network and Security Architect will help design, deploy, and maintain network infrastructure and core security system which provide always available and secure Avaya Cloud solutions.
The Architect will partner with internal teams to provide technical leadership in all aspects of design, deployment, security and support of networking components within a given data center and all interconnectivity between DC to customer premise. The architect will provide strategic, technical leadership, ensuring that all solutions and architecture adhere to industry
best-practices for scalability, usability, performance, security, and serviceability. The architect will work with security compliance teams to ensure the network infrastructure is designed and deployed to meet HIPAA and PCI-DSS security requirements, as well develop and maintain systems and tools which are required for compliance. This role also designs, deploys and oversees the implementation and integration of various networking components from customer premise to centralized data center locations. The architect is expected to handle incidents and escalations to solve and prevent network problems that can arise from the internetworking of complex systems. The individual should plan and lead engineering programs and act independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of operational programs, acts as a mentor to lower levels within the organization, and works with minimal direction when providing solutions to a diverse range of complex issues.
- Apply mastery level expertise with knowledge of industry trends and ability to apply concepts in support of business requirements.
- Implement and manage multiple vendor Routers, Switches, Firewalls, and Load Balancers.
- Find solutions to isolate, resolve, and prevent the most complex transport problems across teams/technologies.
- Lead troubleshooting efforts within the data center network and external to the data center over various WAN connectivity methods to customer premise.
- Independently review and verify changes/solutions of high complexity and ensure governance and change management practices are followed.
- Implement network solutions and related projects in cloud environment to meet business needs and customer requirements.
Provide input to security policies. Proactively monitor for patch compliance and analyze patches for compatibility and approve implementation/changes
Responsibilites - Contd
- Multi-Tenant Cloud: Design, implement and manage the network and security systems within a secure multi-tenant environment.
- Working with security compliance teams, implement and maintain secure network infrastructure to adhere to HIPAA and PCI-DSS requirements. Implement and maintain monitoring systems and tools which are required for HIPAA and PCI-DSS.
- Respond to issues identified via network security scans and PEN tests.
- Help develop, maintain and operate a vulnerability management program.
- Monitor, manage and maintain tools which support network monitoring and logging.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with customers, hardware/software vendors and service providers.
- Maintains organizational SLO, SLA, and business continuity programs.
- Mentor and provide training to global support groups.
- Provide on call support.
- 7+ years network experience (minimum of 2 years working with cloud) in large-scale global environment; including the installation, maintenance and ongoing support of firewalls, routers, switches and load-balance solutions; including support of higher layer routing protocols.
- Experience designing and delivering solutions for customers within budget and on-time. Must be prepared to discuss solutions and make sound decisions.
- Must have solid experience:
- Designing, implementing and supporting VPN’s and remote access solutions.
- Configuring, troubleshooting and supporting data center switches. Avaya & Extreme VSP series devices or equivalent.
- Configuration and support of data center firewalls, Palo Alto or equivalent.
- Configuration and support of network load balancers.
- Configuration and support of Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google, or equivalent) network and security systems.
- Networking troubleshooting using various tools including packet sniffers and real-world traffic simulation tools to monitor and isolate problems.
- Experience mentoring and training junior and mid-level network engineers