RiverMeadow's rapidly growing Migration Delivery team is looking to hire candidates with hands-on experience migrating applications/data across all the industry leading private and public cloud platforms.
Candidates will have some or all of the following skills:
- Knowledge of core cloud products and services (e.g. Azure, VMware (vSphere / vCloud Director, AWS, Google)
- Understanding of migration concepts and mechanisms (e.g. The 6 Rs; synchronization mechanisms - block, image, file; sequencing and application grouping; landing zone/blueprints)
- Expertise in OS, networking and cloud architecture fundamentals
- Systems administration experience with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Hands-on experience with traditional hosting technologies (e.g. server virtualization, dedicated hosting)
- Execute migrations using best-of-breed tools, including RiverMeadow's Multi-Cloud Migration Platform
- Create, maintain, and use Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for migration execution
- Create, maintain, and execute migration runbooks/tasks
- Work with Engagement/Project Managers to provide timely status updates on project/engagement
- Multi-task in an environment of changing priorities
- Work closely across teams (Support, Solution Architecture) and peers to establish and follow best practices while solving customer problems
- Continually expand knowledge in the areas of new technological developments and trends Qualifications
- Up to 20% Travel required when needed
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Solid problem-solving abilities coupled with a bias for action
- Experience working with enterprise customers
- Strong analysis capabilities and technical knowledge
- Attention to detail in documenting information and ability to show ownership of follow through in customer resolutions
- Knowledge or worked in a migration factory construct
- Must be fluent in English
- General knowledge of areas of business operations beyond IT
- Professional Services consulting/engineering experience
- Working knowledge or exposure to Agile teams
- Experience of broader additional Cloud Product sets such as server-less, data analytics, automation, etc.
- Have a fully flexible approach to working hours
- Requires a high school diploma/GED or equivalent. Associate degree in technical field preferred
- 7-10+ years of relevant technical experience required, including a minimum of 2 years of engineering experience in migration, implementation, and production management
- Advanced knowledge and experience on at least one industry leading platform
- At least one top tier technical certifications in a highly desired technology domain preferred
- Used migration tools such as CloudEndure, Carbonite Move, NetApp, PlateSpin Migrate, Azure Migrate etc.
- Used discovery tools such as Movere, Turbonomics, CloudScape, Dynatrace etc.
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment
- Experience in automation/configuration management using Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Saltstack, Bosh, Terraform or an equivalent
- Experience with source code management tools such as GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket or equivalent
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL DBs such as SQL, MySQL, Amazon DynamoDB
- Solid understanding of networking and core Internet Protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and routing in distributed networks
- Understanding of code and script such as: PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby.