About the role… The Cloud Migration Director – Global Data & Analytics Position
General Purpose: Reporting to the Global COO of Wunderman Data+Analytics, the Cloud Migration Director oversees all ongoing activities related to the development, implementation, maintenance of, and adherence to the organization’s plans to migrate existing (and potential) client work from terrestrial resources to cloud-based technologies. The Director functions as a subject-matter expert in information technologies focused on the movement and storage of data between client aggregation points and storage/retrieval technologies and is responsible for determining the best solution for clients (both existing and/or prospective) going forward.
The Cloud Migration Director (CMD) is charged with identifying tools, and implementing policies and solutions, designed to migrate and store client data (with a heightened focus on protecting customer/consumer data from unauthorized access/use). This includes a close connection with Wunderman’s Global CTO who manages our global relationships with public cloud services providers.
Other elements of the Cloud Migration Director (CMD) role include maintaining a comprehensive and current knowledge of both interface tools as well as storage/migration capabilities of various vendors.
To effectively meet the challenges of the job, the CMD must have experience in hybrid IT environments, and must be capable of acting as an internal/external subject matter experts on both existing and potential client cloud opportunities, requiring client-facing capabilities – confirming each vendor’s reliability history - and an in-depth understanding of cloud platforms, cloud business services and cloud apps (SaaS).
What you’ll be responsible for, in general…
Work with our senior leadership team on WDM’s Cloud Migration Strategy including on topics such as:
- For existing and potential clients the most effective IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS options
- How to best maximize a combination of on premise assets alongside private, managed and public cloud services, as well as assessing third-party migration tools.
- Assessing the best tools/services for migration of infrastructure and datato the cloud
- On collaboration on our Enterprise PMO Governance for Strategic Planning and Execution
- On how to energize growth by leading with a ‘Client First mind-set
What you’ll be responsible for, specifically…
- For existing clients (and for potential clients, as it relates to their existing structure) partner in evaluating IaaS and PaaS true cost (versus benefit) to migrate legacy proprietary software.
- Perform an in-depth analysis that covers costs, tools, security, governance and talent, among other considerations, for client and prospective client cloud-migration proposals.
- Additional evaluate if migration may change the terms and costs of licensing and maintenance, and/or create additional security-related costs.
- Provides analysis on each solutions’ adherence to domestic privacy laws, regulations, and industry best practices, in relation to marketing solution services.
- Works cooperatively with the Chief Security Officer in overseeing protocols to restrict access to protected information, and in developing a comprehensive cloud-aware security plan.
- Define solutions that also integrate with orchestration tools for automated instrumentation and configuration of dynamic components; and, to monitor SaaS or cloud APIs, solutions that monitor against our provider SLAs, and alerts us to noncompliance, potential securitythreats, failover effectiveness and adherence to disaster recovery protocols.
- Initiate, facilitate and promote activities to foster information privacy safeguards/solutions within the organization and related entities; as well as for existing and prospective clients.
- Serves as a member of, or liaison to, the organization’s Privacy Committee.
- Assess, with the CTO, appropriate hosting options in terms of costs, security, and autoscaling capabilities.
What experiences, skills and traits we’re looking for…
- Deep Knowledge of the SDLC including Agile Development Methodology, in Build and Release, supporting CI, formal build, release management and deployment processes for all products.
- Professional Scrum Master - Agile Coach – Mentor - SAFe Certified Practitioner
- Certification as PMP beneficial, with education/experience relative to our size and scope.
- Knowledge and experience in US information privacy laws beneficial.
- Knowledge in, and the ability to apply, the principles of project and change management.
- Demonstrated organization, facilitation, communication, and p resentation skills.