At a Glance
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Cloud Manager to join the Wattstopper Team in Remote Location. This position is responsible for developing architecture and strategy as well as leading the Cloud team in tactical implementation of the Software CoE Cloud Services, Frameworks, architecture and processes for PaaS, SaaS, and Analytics Cloud offerings. This role leads a team of Cloud engineers and manages the successful implementation and release of Cloud systems, services, and integration for Legrand North America.
The candidate has robust experience with virtualization strategies, tools and their applicability to development productivity and Release uptime.
The Cloud Engineering manager possesses strong communication skills in dealing both internally and with multiple customers across Legrand’s divisions in developing world-class cloud systems.
This role leads teams of Cloud Engineers in developing and sustaining these cloud systems and processes to mature and release Legrand software used to commission and control best-in-class residential and commercial building control systems. This work encompasses multiple product lines and technologies on a PaaS/SaaS distributed architecuture system.
What Will You Do?
MAIN JOB DUTIES:
- Lead, manage, coordinate and mature professionaly, a team of cloud engineers on PaaS, SaaS and Analytics Clouds.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle to create world class Cloud and Analytics Services.
- Be capable of leading cloud teams in a fast-paced and innovative technology environment.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Minimum 7 years software development experience. 5 years experience in designing, developing SaaS, PaaS, Analytics cloud services (preferably on Azure). Three years experience in leading Cloud teams.
- Expertise in Python, C#, Azure Cloud Services, Virtualization/Containerization, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Familiar with the Agile development methodology, Lean Engineering for Software
- Knowledge of and experience with object-oriented architecture and design.
- Must have proficient programming skills, including familiarity with data types, syntax and control structures.
- Able to evaluate situations, identify options and implement effective solutions quickly and efficiently. Possess strong analytical skills and the ability to identify trends and establish proactive corrective actions.
- Requires strong organizational, team leadership and time management skills, close attention to detail and be able to effectively handle multiple priorities. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, organize and accomplish a diversified work load.
- Must have strong computer skills, proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, e-mail and meeting management software. Ability to use internet and web-based resources efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrated problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level. Must be able to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization. Must be an effective listener, able to maintain focus extract necessary information and validate understanding of the information.
- Must be highly collaborative and able to work in a team-based environment.
- Demonstrated ability to understand customers’ needs and identify new ways to serve/satisfy customer.