Fort Belvoir, VA
Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
8 - 10 years
Posted 277 days ago
SAIC is looking for a Cloud IT Performance Engineer that will:
- Monitor the health and analyze performance of the virtualization environment.
• Make recommendations and implement changes to improve the overall performance of vSphere.
• Hardware build-out to expand and refresh available physical resources.
• Identify realignment needs of resources to correct under provisioned and overprovisioned virtual systems.
• Recommend best practices for design and installation of new virtual platforms.
• Test, upgrade, and migrate virtual environment as new versions of software and hardware become available.
• Create and document procedures regarding virtualization standards within the organization.
- Under minimal direction, performs basic analysis, design, implementation and maintenance activities in various areas of IT.
• Formulates and/or defines scope and objectives of feasibility studies.
• Works independently and leads assignments of moderate to medium complexity.
- Consistently applies the concepts of appropriate standard methodologies and best practices.
- Prepares reports, records progress and creates solutions to IT problems/issues.
• Partners with customer community to devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems or improve existing processes.
- Interfaces with suppliers and vendors as needed to evaluate software, hardware or services and makes recommendations.
• Applies principles, concepts and practices of the IT Competency Model at the Senior Analyst level.
• Proactively enforces security policies to ensure IT assets are protected.
- BA/BS engineering or related IT, System Engineering, or STEM degree (or an additional 4 years of related experience in lieu of degree).
- Minimum 9 years of experience in Systems Engineering or related.
- 3+ Years of VMware virtualization technologies (e.g. ESXi, vCenter) including design, configuration, and implementation in large enterprise environments.
- Experience managing private cloud environments as well as developing highly available virtualization environments including defining monitoring standards, operational procedures and growth plans.
- Strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
- Technical competency with identified hardware platforms preferred: Dell, Cisco UCS and emerging technologies.
- Must be detail oriented and self-managing.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Experience with Enterprise storage technologies i.e. Tintri, Pure, EMC VMAX, VNX, XIO
- Experience with network technologies, including VLANs, NATs, Virtual Switches
- Experience with additional VMware tools (e.g., vRealize Operations, View, Site Recovery Manager)
- Ability to use command line and scripting tools such as PowerShell or PowerCLI
- Technical IT certifications a plus – VCP5-DCV/VCP6-DCV, CCNA Data Center