$150K — $200K *
Kronos is seeking a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer V (Lead) capable of integrating into an experienced team responsible for the development, management, deployment and maintenance of infrastructure services and Cloud platform. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced well-rounded infrastructure engineer to be an integral part of an enterprise-scale cloud initiative. The ideal candidate would have extensive experience managing Linux based systems, Infrastructure services and Cloud platforms within large scale customer facing enterprise environments.
• Provide oversight and management of advanced infrastructure services and Cloud platform to meet the organization's current and future requirements.
o Linux based infrastructure services (web, nfs, sftp, DNS, LDAP etc)
o Cloud IaaS, CaaS & PaaS (Google GCP, GKE, etc)
• Serve as team lead to provide guidance to infrastructure engineers and proactively manage systems, identify performance issues proactively and support management.
• Partner with Cloud and Engineering architecture teams to POC emerging technologies and changes to infrastructure and Cloud services
• Build out and oversee services lifecycle for Linux and Cloud services
• Drive teams towards Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) and DevOps methods
• Reduce overhead of Cloud service support by implementing improved tool sets and leveraging improved technologies (Terraform, Kubernetes, Jenkins, etc.)
• Provide training and mentorship to Cloud team members
• Work within strict time frames and handle escalated incidents within defined timeframes
• Handle off-hour escalations as needed and take part in on call rotation
• 4-year technical degree or equivalent experience
• Must have at least 8+ years of hands-on experience in large customer facing Cloud environments, 6+ years of experience in supporting Linux based platforms
• 4+ years of experience with Public Cloud Infrastructure services (Google/AWS)
• Expertise in designing and delivering infrastructure services is mandatory
• Hands on experience with bash shell, python, Java and/or other scripting, as well as working with container-based deployments (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
• The position requires knowledge of cloud-native technologies as well as knowledge of infrastructure related technologies like DNS, SMTP, SFTP, Security Protocols, Automation and Orchestration (CI/CD)
• Experience with disaster recovery and business continuity
• Ability to communicate effectively emphasizing written and oral presentation skills
• Familiarity with ITIL processes and experience in working within controlled environment would be an advantage
Valid through: 1/19/2021