What is the opportunity?
As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer you will help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
What will you do?
- Build the virtual and security systems that support the cloud implementation
- Managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure; ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Document the design, operation and troubleshooting of technology platforms and procedures.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide roster based 2nd and 3rd level support and liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
What do you need to succeed?
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- 3+ years of proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based cloud environments.
- Solid experience in the administration and configuration of Log management stack (e.g. ELK stack, Splunk)
- Solid Cloud experience, preferably in Azure
- Experience with monitoring systems (e.g. Zabbix, Nagios)
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box)
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
Nice to have
- Domain knowledge of banking and financial institutions and/or large enterprise IT environment will be a strong asset.
- Experience with automation software (e.g., Docker, Puppet, cfengine, Chef)
- Sound knowledge on SDLC methodologies (Agile and Waterfall)
- Experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g., JBoss, NGINX)