We are a consulting firm based in Reston, VA with team members all over the US. We solve complex challenges for businesses and government through User-Centered Agile product and solution development. We are an inclusive, people-first organization with a commitment to innovation and creativity. We strive to make Ventera a fun place to work as well as a place where you will want to stay and build your professional career. Come join us!
What is the position? Come join our Federal practice as a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer. This role will be supporting a DoD effort based in Washington, DC. This person must have or is able to obtain DoD Secret level clearance. The Cloud Infrastructure Engineer delivers technical solutions and support to customers allowing them to maximize investment in cloud technology. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and success implementing cloud-based solutions, migrating workloads to the cloud, and experience with connecting and managing hybrid cloud environments.
Building upon solid IT project experience relative to their level, consultants will work with customers in:
- The delivery of high-quality engagements around Microsoft's solution areas, technologies, and products in diverse client environments.
- The design and development of integrated solutions using the latest Microsoft products and technologies.
- Understanding the relevant application development, infrastructure, and operations implications of the developed solution.
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- Deep technical experience in infrastructure design including private and public cloud, networking, virtualization, identity, security, and storage
- Understanding of how to build resilient multi-site architectures
- Experience with Windows, Linux, and OSS technologies
- Experience with configuration management and automation technologies such as PowerShell DSC, Chef, ARM Templates, and Puppet
- Experience with deploying and managing the infrastructure for databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, Maria, Cassandra
- Working knowledge with AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) with one or more of the following programming languages: PowerShell, Bash, .NET, C++, Java, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails
- Building customer/partner relationships
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences.
- Prior work experience in a consulting/architecture position within a software and/or services company
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Experienced with Cloud Migration Strategy, Planning, and Migration activities.
- Architect or developer certifications in AWS/Azure cloud technologies.
- Experience delivering solutions to major Federal Programs.
- Experience with Cloud Managements Platform highly preferred
- Must have or able to obtain DOD Secret level clearance
- Project location Pentagon, 7010 Defense Pentagon, Washington, DC 22202
- At least 3 years of experience designing and configuring solutions reliant on cloud IaaS services (e.g., Compute, Kubernetes, Storage, Identity and Access Management, Virtual Private Cloud, Load Balancing)
- Demonstrated proficiency coding and creating automation in PHP, Python, or similar
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tooling such as Terraform, Ansible and others
- 3+ Support DevSecOps practices (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery)
- 3+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e., having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in “migrating” on premise workloads to the cloud
- 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects
- Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams
- Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes, etc.
- Azure Virtual Machines, Virtual Networks, ExpressRoute, Azure Active Directory, Operations Management Suite, Azure Site Recovery, Azure Backup, Azure App Services, Azure Storage, Azure Import/Export, Azure SQL Database, Azure Web Jobs
- AWS EC2, S3, RDS, Direct Connect
- VMWare, System Center, Citrix, SAN, firewalls, web app proxies
- PowerShell, Bash, JSON, ARM Templates
- Windows Server, Linux, OSS Technologies