State Street’s Cloud Infrastructure team will play a key role in the defining, implementing and supporting its global hybrid cloud environment. This role will help lead a new team building out State Street’s next generation hybrid cloud environment that will include IaaS, MaaS and PaaS services. You’ll play an integral role in supporting the organization's strategy, architecture, policies, monitoring, standards and practices.
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for core cloud compute services that provide virtual machines and bare metal. This team also manages critical shared infrastructure like databases and message queues that are used by cloud control plane services. This team will leverage the OpenStack Nova, Ironic and Glance services. For more information, please visit www.statestreet.com.
- Configuring and managing the production OpenStack compute and image services.
- Work closely with teams across the organization to provide a world class cloud experience.
- Supporting oversight to ensure that State Street systems are fully supported 24/7.
- Managing vendor relationships, including planning for and organizing release updates, new installs, new equipment and software requests in conjunction with Corporate IT, business unit staff and vendor contact.
- Oversight and development of internally automated processes.
- Determining technology support needs and assessing availability of resources.
- Coordinating technology efforts with Corporate IT and the business units.
- Providing support to business units in trouble shooting technology issues and reaching resolution.
- Partial responsibility forvendor relationship management, including managing releasecycles.
Required Skills - this is a technical role, requiring a minimum of three years’ experiencesupporting production environments:
- Bachelors degreerequired (Business or Computer Science).
- Understanding of software development process, change management, and project management.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Broad technical knowledge of bare metal/virtual/container based client server architecture, intranet, networking, SQL/NoSQL based systems a plus.
- Broad technical knowledge of cloud based architecture, including operating in MaaS, IaaS and PaaS environments.
- Experience supporting a 24/ 7 environment where immediate response and resolution is critical.
- Knowledge of auditprocesses and procedures, specifically NIST, ISO 2700x, HIPAA, PCI, SOX and SOC 1/2.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve configuration related issues in a methodical and analytical way.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and business problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and handle interruptions.
- Ability to apply technology to practical business solutions.
- Assertive, self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to communicate and prioritize issues with vendors, internal and external.
- Prior financial industry experience is a plus.
- Prior Experience supporting brokerage or investment management back office systems is a plus.
- Prior Experience in/on IT related projects is a plus.
- Knowledge of standards, rules and regulations related to information security and data confidentiality (NIST, ISO 2700x, HIPAA, PCI, SOC 1, SOC 2).
- Very strong analytical and problem solving skills.