This role will be part of Collibra’s CorporateIT Infrastructure team reporting to the Director of IT Infrastructure and Support. This team is responsible for maintaining the systems that Collibra needs internally to do business including but not limited to Cloud InfraOps, Identity Management and 3rd level support for applications used on a day-to-day basis within the company as a whole. This role’s focus within the team will be around our Cloud management and InfraOps to create more bandwidth and coverage for incoming requests from different departments, setting up processes and policies (technical and written) to solidify the foundation of the Infrastructure groups operations, and assisting with the formalization of our multi-cloud offering at Collibra.
IT System Engineers's at Collibra are responsible for:
- Managing and improving a multi-cloud environment AWS/GCP/Azure
- Supporting internal cloud users within Engineering and Field/PreSales
- Continuously increasing the level of automation
- Maintain appropriate controls and documentation
- Developing high-quality, well-tested, secure, and maintainable code
- Developing and maintaining tools for Corporate IT
- Taking part in other IT infrastructure projects
- Working closely with IT support team for level 3 incidents
- 3+ years experience in deploying and maintaining public cloud platforms (AWS or GCP mandatory)
- Experience with terraform and automation
- Proven comfort with Linux operating system
- Experience in server, network, systems administration and are equipped with troubleshooting and scripting skills for daily operations.
- Understanding of IT and Security best practices
- Passionate about cloud engineering and are always on the lookout for new things to learn and apply to your work
- Able to collaborate and communicate effectively with a worldwide team and cross functional departments
- Familiar with scripting languages and process automation
- Fond of open source software and tooling
- You are thorough, meticulous and care about the business impact of your technical work
Reporting to Collibra’s Dir. of IT Infrastructure and Support, Cloud Infrastructure Engineer’s measures of success:
- Within your first 30 days, you will deep dive into existing processes and setup configurations to understand the running state of Infrastructure Operations. You will meet with cross functional stakeholders to understand their challenges and begin to build an understanding of the IT Infrastructure landscape at Collibra.
- Within your first 60 days, you will start supporting users, responding to issues and incidents in production and make contributions to projects that are running in production.
- Within your first 90 days, you release terraform code for monitoring and alerting of our main cloud infrastructure components and for billing. You will be leading a few projects and partnering with other engineers in the team to drive department's and company's goals forward.