Less than 5 years
Posted 240 days ago
Our Managed Services is seeking a Cloud Infrastructure Consultant! This is an opportunity to utilize your Systems Engineering expertise by assisting with moving on premise traditional infrastructure solutions to the cloud.
Help Us Deliver Successful Projects!
• Utilize knowledge of systems architecture to create a strong core for application development.
• Experience working with clients to setup, migrate, build and maintain various cloud infrastructures and applications.
• Draw on at least three years of system engineering experience and with the ability to assist with the core infrastructure for both internal/external projects for our clients.
• Collaborate with members of the development team and project managers to deliver solutions that surpass client expectations.
• Utilize consulting and documentation skills to successfully complete project-based work.
• Maintain documentation on existing systems to ensure changes and optimizations are recorded.
• Implement cloud infrastructure solution offerings on both commercial and government public cloud, private cloud, and hybrid customer environments.
• Qualified individuals will need to be self-motivated, detail and process oriented with strong verbal and written communications skills. Additionally, possess excellent customer service skills and have solid problem solving/troubleshooting abilities.
• Be open to commuting in and around the DC Metro area in order to be present at client sites for work.
Profile of Success:
• Utilize Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or draw on at least 3 years of experience in systems engineering to design platforms to support developers.
• Use in-depth experience with networks, systems, and client-facing skills to create innovative business solutions.
• Experience with the Cloud (Azure/AWS), Windows/Linux, Application Support and virtualization. Additionally, experience with delivering managed services on cloud based platforms or on virtualized premises environments (typically VMWare or Hyper-V)
• Desire to gain or use extra-curricular certifications as part of ongoing professional growth.
• Must be well versed on general infrastructuretechnology and have an understanding of public and private cloud concepts such as SaaS, PaaS, DaaS, and IaaS.
• The managed services team provides 24x7 support to some Customers. Qualified Engineers will be expected to keep 8 hours a day of core office hours with occasional off-hours support required to resolve the most severe incidents that can occur on holidays, evenings or weekends.
Other Desirable Skills:
• Acquired Microsoft certifications, especially in Azure.
• Security+ is desired and ITIL is a plus
• Some project managementexperience
• Experience with disaster recovery efforts for IT