- Design and implement Azure/AWS infrastructure and services.
- Design, deploy and maintain enterprise class security, network and systems management applications within an Azure environment.
- Design and implement availability, scalability, and performance plans for the Azure managed service environment.
- Continual re-evaluation of existing stack and infrastructure to maintain optimal performance, availability and security.
- Implement process and quality improvements through task automation. Institute infrastructure as code, security automation and automation or routine maintenance tasks.
- Manually provision and stand up environments.
- Perform migration from on-premises environments into Azure.
- Support the business development lifecycle (Business Development, Capture, Solution Architect, Pricing, and Proposal Development).
- Thorough understanding of cloud computing: virtualization technologies, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, Software as a Service cloud delivery models and the current competitive landscape.
- Strong knowledge of virtualization.
- Depth and breadth of experience with cloud infrastructure, hosting, and business continuity involving Microsoft or multi-vendor technologies.
- Strong knowledge of PowerShell.
- Knowledge of cloud security architecture and design.
- Knowledge of containerization a plus.
- Knowledge of agile software development practices and release management.
- Experience in design and refactoring of existing applications to facilitate repurposing to the cloud.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Proven ability to define, document, articulate, and present technical strategy to C-level executives.
- Ability to recommend appropriate technical architecture and infrastructure design to customers unfamiliar with, or immature with regards to cloud infrastructure and/or hosting.
- Understanding of basic hosting and development concepts such as disaster recovery, business continuity, separation of responsibilities, DevOps, etc., and how they related to managed services.
- Ability to leverage customer requirements as a vehicle for identifying and qualifying additional opportunities with the customer environment.
- Must be open to travel.
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Knowledge of DevOps methods and CI/CD automation practices
- Experience hosting high-traffic websites
- Experience with Sitecore and/or Episerver CMS hosting architectures
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, or related field.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Cloud Platform and Infrastructure.