eXp Realty is one of the fastest growing real estate brands in North America, with thousands of agents operating across the United States, Canada and around the world. As a full-service real estate brokerage, eXp Realty provides 24/7 access to collaborative tools, training and socialization for real estate brokers and agents through its 3-D, fully-immersive, cloud office environment.
eXp Realty attracts the most talented people from all fields. Whether you're a real estate professional, engineer, marketer, accountant or another field, you'll be challenged and inspired every day. Join us on this incredible journey!
We are fully remote!
As Cloud Infrastructure Manager you will be an integral part of our technology team, serving as a key contributor to the performance, reliability and security of our enterprise level systems. This role requires a thorough knowledge of cloud platform technologies, enterprise grade infrastructure best practices, and high availability design principles.
In this role, you will oversee the technical operations of our AWS cloud infrastructure and lead a team of system reliability engineers in their day to day activities. You will also be responsible for refining procedures, prioritizing and assigning team resources, scheduling and tracking of 24x7 on-call incident response, and drive a mindset to deliver high performance resilient systems. You must be self-driven and have the ability to balance the need for rapid delivery with maintaining a secure and reliable infrastructure.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Your focus will be to:
- Manage system reliability engineers to manage, maintain, and expand our cloud infrastructure
- Ensure high availability and recoverability of critical systems and applications
- Develop and maintain documented processes and standards pertaining to our cloud infrastructure
- Identify and deploy cloud infrastructure best practices utilizing proven technologies
- Mentor and develop the skills and experience of the infrastructure team members.
- Manage and forecast cloud infrastructure costs
- Forecast resource needs based on known initiatives and assist in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of system reliability engineers
- Monitor and report on performance, capacity, usage, and availability of production systems
- Maintain and manage backup strategy and disaster recovery plan
- Enforce compliance with documentation standards and overarching requirements for compliance with data privacy, data protection, and auditability.
- Work closely with software development teams for project planning and implementation
- Deliver and maintain CI/CD pipelines for new and existing projects
- Evaluate projects and offer subject matter expertise on security and compliance topics
- Routinely evaluate and improve monitoring and alerting for all critical infrastructure components and systemsIdentify and drive opportunities to improve operational workflows
- Communicate policies, drive performance expectations, and provide feedback to direct reports
- Ensure operational compliance with evolving industry standards and best practices
- Develop processes and procedures for using cloud-based infrastructures, including, access key rotation, disaster recovery, and CI/CD build pipeline.
- Identify ways to improve operational agility and efficiency
- Design and develop documentation (runbooks, policies, procedures) to support ongoing operations
- A Bachelor of Science in computer science is desired for this role or highly demonstrable experience in managing enterprise level systems and infrastructure.
Skills & Abilities
- 4+ years of experience managing large scale AWS infrastructure
- 7+ years of experience with technical operations of enterprise level systems and infrastructure
- Ability to manage geographically distributed teams, including contractors
- Monitoring / alerting tools such as New Relic, Site24x7, Pagerduty, or similar
- Proven experience working in required compliance environments, with focus on SOX, GDPR, CCPA, and others alike.
- Deep understanding/experience of web services, databases and relating cloud infrastructure/architectures
- Strong interpersonal skills working with business and technical teams
- Ability to provide clear direction, performance management, identify developmental needs and to supply coaching and counseling to employees.
- Strong time/project management and organization skills.
- Ability to set and manage prioritiesRelease software through tooling (git, Jenkins, custom scripts, Docker)
- Ability to remain flexible and effective under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid understanding of backup/restore and disaster recovery best practices
- Experience with configuration management tools like Cloudformation, Terraform, Ansible, or Chef
- Experience using Jira, Confluence, and other software development and documentation tools.
Contact with Others:
- This role will require considerable interactions each day working directly with:
- Internal executives and staff
- Partner software developers and support staffInternal product, support and management teams
Work Direction Over Others:
- This role has direct reports and will require you to motivate and orchestrate the work of various technical resources and oversee the quality of their work. You will be the primary source for mentoring, growth, and coaching for System Reliability Engineers.
eXp Realty is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability or any other characteristic protected by law.