Cloud Full Stack Engineer
- Hercules, California, United States
Bio-Rad Laboratories advances scientific discovery and improves healthcare through its unique combination of people, products, and a strong focus on the success of our customers. Our products are used worldwide by researchers to gain a greater understanding of disease and by clinical laboratories to provide high-value diagnostic test results. We have developed a solid and well-earned reputation for quality and customer service among university and research institutions, hospitals, public health and commercial laboratories, as well as biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and food safety industries. The company complements its customer-centric approach with a stable work environment for its employees to succeed: for the last five years Bio-Rad has been named as one of the Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work."
We are looking for an enthusiastic full stack software engineer who wants to improve their technical skills and join a professional team that is building a new web application that will transform the way scientists use Bio-Rad products and make scientific discoveries. Our products are used by our customers to create new cancer therapeutics, gene therapies, and diabetes diagnostics and treatments. We offer a startup project and team culture, but in a stable company with good work life balance. We are building a new product from the ground up, using the latest technologies. You will be working with guidance from other team members, to create a cloud application that values security, scaling and agility and strives to use current best practices.
How We Do Development
- We believe that developers, testing and operations should work closely together and not "throw things over the wall"
- The dev team, testing team and the devops team are one in the same, we succeed together and we fail together
- We believe in automating all the things. If you have to do it more than once it's worth automating
- We take an iterative and incremental approach to our application and infrastructure
- The project is owned by the team, no piece is owned by one person, we all collaborate through swarming, code reviews, and other means to meet our goals
- Work within a team to plan, deploy, and maintain scientific applications.
- Implement and help design APIs for use by the front end team.
- Engineer suitable release management procedures, monitor and support production application.
- Automate the provisioning of AWS resources, mostly using CloudFormation and Python.
- Design, develop, test, and release new features focusing on customer experience.
- Use best implementation practices for security and data protection.
- Continuously improve the team development process by speaking up and being receptive to feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related technology discipline or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in web application development.
- Experience using Node.JS .
- Experience designing and implementing web APIs.
- Experience in Agile and DevOps environments and cultures.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools including Git.
- Understanding of the principles of automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Basic familiarity with cloud security: data protection, identity and access management, public key infrastructure.
- Familiarity with modern cloud infrastructure capabilities (compute, storage, networking, containerization, microservices, lambda, NoSQL and SQL).
- Comfortable in Linux/Unix command line.
- Passionate about writing clean, maintainable, well organized code.
- Familiarity with CSS, HTML.
- Familiarity with React, Redux and Immutable.
- Boto3 experience.
- Experience working with a cloud platform as a service (PaaS) environment. Preferably AWS.
- Experience working on a customer-facing product.
- Familiarity with modern cloud infrastructure capabilities.
- Familiarity with cloud security best practices.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.