Description: Belcan Government Services has an immediate opportunity as a Cloud Project Manager located in Rockville, MD! This position is a full-time direct position with benefits.
The Cloud Facilitation Services Manager is expected to oversee the delivery and performance of cloud services provided by the Contractor and work collaboratively with a variety of Agency stakeholders and other vendor partners to identify continuous opportunities for cloud services improvement. The manager will also act as the on-site escalation point of contact for cloud services related contractual and delivery related discussions. The manager will also be responsible for a tightly integrated set of services that facilitates the use of public, private, and hybrid cloud services through an aggregated service portfolio that is continuously managed, automated, and secure, resulting in the delivery of enhanced services that optimize performance while minimizing cost.
• A combination of business and technical skills as well as experience including cloud services delivery program oversight and direct infrastructure-related operations support.
• Experience helping organizations implement leading cloud implementation and migration practices, such as supporting commercial entities with architecting and implementing organization-wide cloud services strategies.
• Experience in planning, deployment, migration, and ongoing management of cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS) capabilities (collectively referred to as ?Cloud Facilitation Services?) across the Agency?s information technology (IT) portfolio.
• Be able to demonstrate proven abilities to act as an individual contributor as well as a technical leader with identifying and resolving issues related to business and system requirements analysis and the ability to add value in architecture design and development discussions
• Ensure solution architectures meet customer Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
• Support Presale and Sale activities with Cloud service costs and efforts to deliver.
• Review and consult on service levels and design and direct efforts to improve or optimize service levels and service costs.
• Assess solution architecture design and deployment risks and lead collaboration activities to identify and mitigate risks.
• Consult with customers on Cloud Service Requests and Change of Service Requests.
• Form strong relationships with the Account Team and Service Delivery Managers, building an understanding of customer requirements and business drivers including implementation of IT Service Catalog Services and strategies.
• Collaborate and develop deep relationships with the Product Owner/Business Sponsor /IT Directors on product strategy and vision, and provide feedback on Product Backlog content and prioritization.
• Follow key market trends while gaining and sharing competitive insights.
• Ability to obtain a public trust
• Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends. Familiar with machine learning, data analytics, and Internet of things.
• Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives in large or highly strategic accounts.
• Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through.
• Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external Subject Matter Experts
• Proven ability to work independently and to manage competing priorities.
• Demonstrates proven project management abilities, including ability to prepare budgets work plans status reports and client ready deliverables.
• This includes the ability to identify and address client needs in consulting role, including:
• Building maintaining and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement;
• Managing resource requirements project workflow budgets billing and collections;
• Preparing and or coordinating complex written and verbal deliverables for consulting engagements;
• Managing a team project and interaction with clients;
• Managing client relations for projects and engagements; and,
• Understanding industry trends that align with a client's needs and preparing proposing and demonstrating technical solution.
• Experience working in an agile software development model.
• Azure and/or AWS Architect Certification preferred
• ITIL v3 Foundation certified preferred
• PMP preferred
• Experience in understanding performance and cost implications Project/Program Management experience desired
• Integration of data from multiple sources cloud on premise to a cloud environment;
• Assessment of data quality and its potential impact on analyses;
• Development or integration of dashboards and reports to analyze data;
• Experience working with REST services and security models in REST;
• Experience providing solution architecture guidance to clients as part of a project team.
• Bachelor?s degree and 8+ years of deep technical experience managing cloud team.
• Proven experience design and implementing highly available, scalable, and geographically distributed Cloud Solutions.