Work. Serve. Thrive.
Imagine a place where your talent can make a meaningful difference in peoples' lives. Working at Feeding America is a uniquely rewarding experience in which our employees work together as vital parts of a much larger mission. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and focused on results.
We are a national, nonprofit organization and the nation's leading domestic hunger-relief charity. Located in the heart of downtown Chicago, our mission is to feed America's hungry through a nationwide network of member food banks and engage our country in the fight to end hunger.
Lead Enterprise Architect has design ownership for multiple Cloud environments and integrations. Provides thought leadership while also contributing to the actual building and writing of code and integrations.
- Oversee and lead the architectural design, development, customization, support and integration efforts of solutions utilizing Informatica, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure and Office 365 - creating a well-informed cloud strategy and managing the adaption process.
- Transform Feeding America’s legacy development platforms (CRM, ERP, Digital Platform tools, Data Warehouse, etc.) into a cloud-based architecture while supporting all cloud systems.
- Accountable for defining and driving software architecture and enterprise capabilities (scalability, reliability, extensibility, maintainability, etc.).
- Establish standards and best practices across multiple teams, applications, and environments and mentor team members in documented Cloud best practices and techniques.
- Lead technical proposal efforts including statement of work development, level of effort and time estimates across our full portfolio of applications across the organization.
- Document the design, systems architecture, and change management plans and review the contributions of team members for said plans.
- Drive research, case studies, and prototypes on leading edge technologies and how they can be leveraged, while keeping skills and knowledge current and up to date as products evolve and new products emerge.
- Partner with Data Architects, Integration Engineers and Solution Owners to deliver solutions.
- Manage the quality assurance process of program code and program logic, data processing, and error resolution across applications.
- Work to migrate legacy integrations into current state technologies.
- Implement and/or oversee the implementation, of technology projects. Provide feedback and guidance to team members when necessary.
- B.S. in Computer Science or relevant experience
- 5+ years in an Enterprise Architect role with 10+ years of direct IT experience
- Committed to organizational mission of ending hunger.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – Committed to a workplace that values different backgrounds and life experiences and allows everyone to bring their authentic self to work. Builds equity into structures, systems and processes for our employees and the communities we serve.
Required Leadership Competencies
- Translates Strategy to Operational Goals – Translates project goals into SMART team and/or individual goals consistent with overall department strategy. Defines clear project deliverables and monitors and reports against progress.
- Leverages Functional Expertise– Demonstrates experience in solving complex business problems by formulating and applying IT and systems best practice solutions.
- Manages for Results – Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively prioritize work that needs to be completed and seeks to understand risk vs reward when making decisions.
- Collaborates Internally & Externally – Strong track record of building consensus and working collaboratively in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment.
- Communicates Effectively – Ability to successfully communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences and gain the confidence of and credibility with others at all levels.