18002782) Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) is an $11 billion technology leader that innovates the way the world communicates, connects and works. Our expertise is more important than ever as customers of all sizes look to improve productivity, maximize profitability and increase satisfaction. We do this for small and mid-size businesses, large enterprises, governments, graphic communications providers, and for our partners who serve them. We understand what’s at the heart of work – and all of the forms it can take. We embrace the increasingly complex world of paper and digital. Office and mobile. Personal and social. Every day across the globe – in more than 160 countries – our technology, software and people successfully navigate those intersections. We automate, personalize, package, analyze and secure information to keep our customers moving at an accelerated pace.
Learn more at www.xerox.com.
Essential Job FunctionsThe Cloud Engineer will assess and/or design cloud application deployment, test, monitoring, and instrumentation of end-to-end solutions. Must have conceptual understanding of software development technology trends and directions coupled with demonstrated technical mastery of public cloud technologies. Should also have the ability to influence and/or set technical direction, as well as communicate expert knowledge of applications/systems and concepts to both technical and non-technical staff.An ideal candidate will be well organized and detail oriented, possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and have excellent communication and documentation skills. The role also entails strong execution and focus to meet the needs of Xerox internal and external customers.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Azure technologies
- Deploy, update, monitor and maintain Xerox cloud applications
- Own and lead initiatives to define, design, and implement cloud solutions
- Troubleshoot and correct Xerox cloud application incidents
- Maintain security certificates and security credentials for Xerox cloud applications
- Designs, develops, and maintains operations data used to monitor cloud application functionality in coordination with the development team
- Works with Development, Operations, and external vendors to design, develop and maintain standard operating plans and procedures for disaster recovery, vulnerability testing, and validation testing
- Works non-standard business hours to attend meetings with remote teams, perform cloud maintenance activities, and conduct system critical support.
- Responds to text/phone/email messages in a 24/7/365 environment to ensure system critical support
- Participate in development and business workshops/scrum and present proposed solutions
- Review existing solutions, design and system architecture
- Serve as a systems and automation evangelist providing thought leadership, participating in conferences, authoring white papers, et
- Create technical documentation
- Minimum 8 years of experience in information technology and/or software development
- 2+ years of experience with cloud software deployment required
- Experience with the following
- SCRUM and other software development methodologies
- Integrated development environments such as TFS, Visual Studio and PowerShell IDE
- Microsoft Azure and the Azure Portals
- Microsoft Project, Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, (Office 365) and other supporting tools
- Microsoft SQL Server and associated administrative activities and tools
- Automation tools including Azure PowerShell, Microsoft Release Management and WMI
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 or newer
- Infrastructure Architecture – designing high availability, performance and secure solutions using Public/Private cloud
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related discipline