Opportunity for seasoned software architect with overall experience of 15+ years of which at least 4 years involve deep experience with cloud and cloud native technologies. Should be conversant with developing large distributed systems using public, private and hybrid cloud environments for enterprise and telecom industries
Incumbent will identify technology to apply in a prototyping environment and be a thought leader to a team of technologists. The ability to quickly develop research into a well-formed idea for a solution and serve as an advisor in that area of research is required.
The full stack is to be considered from Cloud Infrastructure to DevOps and Agile Software engineering in a research and development setting.
Experience in a large-scale environment across all technical domains (such as: Cloud Infrastructure, implementing DevOps, Software Engineering) would be helpful.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Ideation, planning, architecting and designing Intelligent cloud and cloud native solutions across industry domains
- Building prototypes – bringing concepts to initial implementations – including design, coding to testing
- Appling and reshaping prototypes in pioneering engagements based on business needs and driving toward successful deployment in the business environment.
- Creating solutions architecture, algorithms, and designs for solutions that scale to the customer’s enterprise/global requirements
- Leading multiple teams of Software Engineers to applysoftware engineering practices and implement automations across all elements of solution delivery
- Achieving an expert level understanding of our customers’ environments and the tools they use. Impart the knowledge to team members.
- Continuously learn new technology areas that are mission-aligned to innovation
- Front ending with business stakeholders; solution creation and propositions for their problems.
- Act as a mentor or coach to junior people to help grow the next generation of innovators and thought leaders
- Conducting technical workshops.
- Contribute to assets/offerings and thought leadership
- Actively participate and serve in the research community (e.g., conferences, consortiums, workshops) and build university relationships.
- Serve as reviewer, technical program community, and/or panelist in conferences and workshops
- 15+ years of IT experience of which at least 4 years involve deep experience with cloud and cloud native technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Analytical and solution-oriented background, with great people skills and structured problem solving capabilities.
- Ability to interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Hands on expertise and best practices on layered architecture and design skills.
- Hands on Experience in opensource technologies and their internals
- Familiarity with Secure coding practice is desirable
- Hands-on person with ability to handle large distributed enterprise, networking and cloud native solutions.
- Conversant with multiple tools and platforms – both on premise and cloud
- Good understanding of multi-tier architecture and web server technology
- Conversant with AR/VR frameworks and mobile development.
- Hands on experience on, OpenStack, and DevOps technologies
- Deep Experience in AWS, Azure, Openstack, Dockers and VmWare technologies.
- Hands one expertise with Java, Python, C#, Ruby
- Hands on expertise with LXD, DC/OS, MESOS, Apache Swarm
- Conversant with latest technologies such as Micro services, Server less ( AWS Lambda, Azure Functions, OpenWhisk) and AI/ML platforms ( CNTK, TensorFlow, Caffe, Pytorch) .
- Knowledge of HTML5, Java script frameworks such as NodeJS, AngularJS, JQuery, React
- Knowledge of AI/ML and NO SQL technologies.