riterion Systems is seeking a mission-focused Cloud Engineer-Subject Manager Expert to support and contribute to our government customer’s success in Herndon, VA. The individual in this position must be a motivated team player that strives for professional and technical excellence where the candidate will identify, document, and create solutions that meet functional requirements of the Customer’s mission partners as well as the non-functional requirements of the organization.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying gaps in existing Customer’s capabilities, products and systems. Gaps may be entirely missing deadlines or features in existing capabilities. Candidate will document these gaps and propose solutions to fill them.
- Meeting with Customer Mission Partners to gather requirements and uncover gaps.
- Developing and maintaining an Expert level knowledge of non-functional requirements including those imposed by Customer regulations, best practices of system design and integration with other components or Customer systems.
- Creating documentation, including CONOPS, system architecture drawings, SSPs, etc. as requested by the Technical Director Staff. Either independently or support a team effort to brief and obtain concurrence and approval of key milestones including project initiation, ATD/ATP/ATO/ATC.
- Providing technical assistance in prototyping new solutions or implementation of development/production systems at the request of the Technical Director staff (acting as force multiplier for various engineering teams.)
- Trusted to work in a collaborative environment developing mission centric capabilities.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have a minimum of 16 years related experience.
- Must have an active TS/SCI with Poly Clearance.
- Must have DoD 8570 CE.
- Knowledge of Customer’s on premise infrastructure (i.e. virtualization (VMWare), physical networking (Cisco), storage (NetApp), Windows (Active Directory, SCCM, etc.)
- Must maintain a strong awareness of technical trends in information technology, develops and maintains a strong awareness of on-going IT projects and business unit requirements.
- Experience with Customer’s Program Management Framework (PMF).
- Posses a diverse IT background, strong hands-on technical experience, organizational and interpersonal skills working as part of a team and at all times in an autonomous manner, mentoring others as needed.
- Demonstrated competencies with enterprise solutions architecture, technical leadership and strategy, enterprise data and analytic engineering, enterprise software development and SysOps/DevOps.
- Demonstrated engineering experience and outstanding in-depth knowledge with Cyber-Security, Cloud Computing, Data and Application Security technologies.
- Demonstrated engineering experience with underlying storage for Linux, Windows, storage network technologies and protocols, databases, clustered/pooled virtualizations concepts, creating and configuring virtual and private clouds.
- Demonstrated engineering experience and outstanding in-depth knowledge of information security practices.
Preferred but not Required:
- Demonstrated experience with performance analysis, monitoring and optimization of distributed (cloud) systems.
- Demonstrated experience with engineering solutions to satisfy High Availability and Business Continuity requirements.