We are seeking a driven and talented Cloud Engineer to join our thriving Cloud Services business unit and work with some of the best Cloud Architects and Cloud Engineers in the market. This individual will bring a passion for technology, a strong technical skill set, and an ability to deploy Production-ready solutions, software and tools for our customers.
The Cloud Engineer is a very hands-on individual. They will assist other team members in the development and deployment of environments for our customers. They will have opportunities to be involved at all stages of a project - covering requirements capture and assessment, cloud services deployment, security and compliance, systems engineering and operational readiness. They will bring not only knowledge of core AWS services but experience performing systems engineering tasks as part of a project team.
- Support the full project lifecycle - to include: strategy, design, implementation and automation, as well as production-readiness and documentation activities
- Produce high-quality technical design, build and procedure documentation
- Support project engagements, work collaboratively with other team members, communicate effectively, and foster team success
- Provide transparent and regular status updates to Smartronix Account Management team members
- Be able to jump into troubleshooting efforts when asked and as needed
- In-depth understanding of core AWS services and industry proven design patterns
- Hands-on experience with scripting - e.g.: Python, UNIX Scripting
- Hands-on experience with CloudFormation and JSON/YML
- Hands-on experience with containerization platforms and server-less computing desired but not required - i.e.: Docker, AWS ECS, AWS Lambda
- Hands-on experience with AWS ElasticBeanstalk desired but not required.
- Basic experience creating RESTful services desired but not required
- Experience with large enterprise applications
- Ability to translate customer requirements and needs into proven design patterns
- Familiarity with translating customer workloads into micro-service driven architectures
- Baseline knowledge of IP networking, VPNs, DNS, firewalling, authentication and load balancing concepts
- Basic knowledge of database management systems
- Proven ability to document, promote and present your work to other teams and to customers
- Willingness and ability to collaborate across internal practices and with other team members
- Ability to work within an organized and structured delivery-centric team
- 4 year related information technology degree
- additional 4 years of related job experience can be substituted in lieu of degree
- Ability to obtain a public trust required
- additional background and financial credit check required
Years Of Experience:
5+ to 7 Years
Level of Education:
4 Year Degree.