Scotiabank has begun the journey to modernize both development practices and tools. One of the areas being explored is the public cloud and the various platform technologies that support both development and operations on the cloud.
The aim is to reduce costs by providing a streamlined process and framework which will allow the development team to focus on building business logic. We are looking to build our development team with influencers, makers, creators and industry leaders who will drive us forward and enhance the experience of our customers.
- Designing, implementing and refactoring code (typically Java, or C#).
- Participating in design discussions focused on scalability and design and implementation best practices.
- Ensure software, programs and applications are developed and/or configured to meet high availability, integrity and reliability requirements.
- Working with lead engineers and architects on breaking-down, scoping and estimating tasks.
- Participating in planning and retrospective sessions, attending stand-ups, etc.
- Be able to design, build and operate the software and infrastructure that keeps our solutions running.
- Our teams are flexible and fast – you will be asked to provide leadership, mentorship, peer review and quality control on a daily basis.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- 3+ years of experience designing and implementing software.
- 5 to 7+ years of experience developing real-time applications in Java/J2EE for enterprise clients.
- Solid knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages: Java, C#.
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful services, good knowledge of HTTP specifics.
- Knowledge of most common software design patterns.
- Awareness of how scalable, enterprise-level software system is designed (both on code and infrastructure levels).
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server).
- Understanding of software release process (environments, binary repositories, CI/CD).
- Attention to details, high standards for quality.
- Desire to learn, grow yourself and your team.
- Passion for driving teams towards high performance and a deep pride in quality craftsmanship that delights users.
- Writing and maintaining related documentation.
- Investigating, analyzing, and resolving system problems.
- Bachelor (equivalent or higher) degree in Computer Science.
- Experience working with non-relational databases (MongoDB, GraphDB, etc.)
- Experience designing and implementing mobile applications and services.
- Good knowledge of various networking protocols and terminology (TCP/IP, gateways, routers, firewalls, etc.)
- Experience designing and implementing cloud-based applications, awareness of main public cloud offerings (Microsoft Azure, AWS, GCE).
- Experience working with scriptinglanguages (Bash, PowerShell).
- Experience working in Agile environment.
Requisition ID: 19566