As a Cloud Engineer on the IT Software Development Team in the Cloud and Information Services division at SAS, you will bring a hands-on, can-do attitude to the design of our public cloud architecture in Microsoft Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud. You will be part of a team that works closely with our customers to meet evolving business requirements by developing new tooling and implementing cloud services that improve efficiency, optimize performance, and support best practices. Our work involves cross-team and cross-division collaboration with many exciting opportunities for pushing the boundaries of the latest in technology while developing robust solutions in our fast-paced industry.
- Draw upon your proven track record of software development to understand business needs and translate them into software that manages and governs our public cloud footprint.
- Design solutions that implement security policy, maximize utilization, reduce cost, and deploy new services across our enterprise infrastructure, relying on your understanding of best practices.
- Utilize your intellectual, communication, and technical skills to diagnose issues and provide solutions to our users working within our public cloud infrastructure.
- Exercise your ability to adapt and react to complex issues in a timely manner as our business needs and objectives evolve.
What we’re looking for
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic, and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related quantitative field.
- 2+ years of experience with one or more major public cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, or GCP.
- Development experience in a major scripting or compiled programming languages.
- Experience with Unix or any of its variants (Linux, FreeBSD).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and get up to speed quickly on unfamiliar services.
The nice to haves
- Experience developing or maintaining infrastructure in a public cloud platform.
- Experience with large-scale, multi-platform enterprise systems.
- Familiarity with automation through interaction with remote APIs (REST).
- Experience with Unix/Linux: Redhat, Ubuntu, FreeBSD; experience with Windows.
- Experience with a variety of programming languages such as Python, C#, PowerShell, Go, C, C++, Java, Unix Shell (bash, ksh, zsh).
- Experience with Docker containers and Kubernetes.
- Understanding of networking fundamentals.
- Understanding of security fundamentals and best practices including data privacy, access, and authorization.
- Agile development practices.