Smartronix Inc., a Premier Amazon Web Services Consulting Partner and Microsoft Gold partner, is currently seeking an experienced Lead Software Engineer with a strong background in Web Development, Automation and "DevOps" to join our expanding Cloud Services business unit and work with some of the best Cloud Architects and Cloud Engineers in the market.
A successful candidate will bring depth of experience in software development and writing infrastructure automation code (IaC). They will be able to confidently support DevOps delivery engagements, provide hands-on experience implementing cloud-native, and automation-centric architectures, have working knowledge of continuous integration models, write infrastructure automation code, work directly with engineers and program managers and exhibit an overall willingness to contribute to the Smartronix team. The candidate should have experience developing large distributed cloud-hosted systems and keeping them operational. As a team member you will be responsible for building and maintaining tools for deployment, monitoring and operations, as well as troubleshooting and resolving issues in our production and staging environments with a major focus on automation, i.e. deployments, cloud set-ups, monitoring and alerting. A successful candidate should be comfortable to take on any task or project - big or small - to efficiently and effectively get the job done and support the Smartronix customer service and delivery missions. They will bring proven DevOps design and deployment methodologies to each and every customer engagement. #CJPOST
- In-depth understanding of deploying and leveraging core Cloud (AWS or Azure) services.
- Experience operating within full software development life cycle environment.
- A fundamental understanding of the Model View Controller (MVC) pattern as it applies to web development. J2EE or ASP .Net
- Experience with one or more of the following application servers: Oracle Application Server/Portal, JBoss EAP Server, WebLogic or Wensphere Application Server/ and/or Apache Tomcat.
- Experience with the use of an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) like Eclipse, IntelliJ, JDeveloper or WebSphere Studio.
- Knowledgeable of build and deploy systems like Ant, Maven and Gradle.
- Experience employing Web 2.0 techniques where needed, developing interfaces with libraries and frameworks such as YUI, Prototype, JQuery, or DOJO.
- Hands-on experience writing automation code that produces/supports Production-ready infrastructure solutions
- Strong hands-on experience with at least one automation platform - e.g.: Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, CloudFormation
- Hands-on experience writing build scripts and developing and maintaining CI/CD deployment pipelines using Jenkins, Circle CI or AWS CodePipeline.
- In depth web development skill set, including but not limited to knowledge of usability principles, cross-browser compatibility, ensuring web security (XSRF, Header Injection, Cross-Site Scripting) and accessibility best practices.
- This position requires proven ability to work independently as well as part of a team and good communication skills.
- Ability to work within an organized and structured delivery-centric team
- Jump into complex troubleshooting efforts when asked and as needed
- Support after-hours incident escalations and/or maintenance windows as needed
- Achieve and maintain AWS certification levels
- Core Responsibilities
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the company's application portfolio, development tools, and development procedures.
- Actively participate in the development and review of business and system requirements to obtain a thorough understanding of customer needs in order to deliver accurate solutions.
- Provide development activities level of effort and duration estimates for schedule planning. The developer is expected to proactively manage activities to deliver required work on time.
- Design application solutions that fully implement business requirements. Develop high quality software code in accordance with established company standards and development guidelines.
- Produce technical documentation that accurately and thoroughly depicts the software design and code base. The documentation needs to sufficiently assist QA testing and production support activities.
- Execute adequate unit testing of own and other developers' application development work. At a minimum, unit testing should ensure all requirements have been addressed, all basic functionality works, and errors are handled properly.
- Expeditiously troubleshoot application production issues that resolve the issues without causing additional problems.
- Provide updates to the Project Lead and Project Managers on work in progress, work completed, work planned, and issues potentially impacting the on time completion or quality level of work.
- Perform systems analysis and functional testing as needed.
- Complete project responsibilities including design, coding, unit testing, and documentation on time at required quality level.
- Perform code reviews, unit testing, and system testing as needed for other developers' efforts. At a minimum, code reviews, unit testing, and system testing should ensure all requirements have been addressed, all basic functionality works, and errors are handled properly.
- Support all current applications, as well as take lead in new application development initiatives to rewrite older applications in newer technologies.
- 5+ years working or consulting directly on customer-facing project engagements
- 5+ years leveraging AWS platform services in a hands-on capacity
- AWS Solution Architect Associate, Professional or specialty-track certifications desired
- Bachelor's Degree or additional 3+ years of relevant Information Technology experience in lieu of degree