Under the direction of the Cloud Architect, design, develop and test technical solutions to extend and enhance the iHerb e-commerce environment in the cloud. Analyze cloud technology trends for potential impact to the business technology strategy and recommend appropriate changes and areas of future enhancement.
- Design, Build and migrate solutions to the cloud across the organization
- Review existing application stacks and improve, where possible, by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
- Apply security fundamentals and best practices in the design and implementation of solutions.
- Secure the cloud ecosystem by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; maintaining documentation.
- Collaborate with IT Operations teams and project stakeholders to ensure successful execution of solution integration plans.
- Maintain a strong understanding of core IT infrastructure concepts: data centers, security, networking, storage, compute, and software applications.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the cloud services community and fellow team members.
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the end-users on the network.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking emerging Internet technologies; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to leverage existing technologies to create simple, highly automated solutions with low maintenance overhead.
- Working knowledge of AWS cloud services.
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix Operating Systems, including but not limited to RHEL, Ubuntu, or CentOS.
- Working knowledge of WAN, LAN, TCP/IP networking concepts.
- Experience with VMWare ESXi.
- Experience in working with load balancers and Global Traffic Managers.
- Experience in working with DNS servers.
- Experience in working with CDNs (e.g. Akamai).
- Familiarity with DevOps and IT Automation tools such as Puppet and Ansible.
Experience and Education:
- Requires two or more years of experience with at least one cloud provider (e.g. Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure or similar), and 2+ years of experience with Kubernetes and Docker.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related IT field required.