$80K — $100K *
Federal Reserve Bank of RichmondLocation: VA-Richmond, CO-Denver, GA-Atlanta, IL-Chicago, MO-Kansas City, TX-Dallas, MD-Baltimore, NY-New York City, MO-St. Louis, OH-Cleveland, NC-Charlotte, MA-Boston, MN-Minneapolis, PA-Philadelphia (Remote candidate acceptable)
The Richmond Fed is the proud home of the Federal Reserve’s National IT organization—a nationwide team delivering technology solutions and support across the Federal Reserve System. Many National IT employees are located in Richmond, while others are based across the U.S. at other Federal locations.
When you join our team, you’ll become part of a culture that welcomes differences, cares about our communities, and empowers each other to lead from where we are to make things better.
Bring your passion and we’ll provide challenging and purposeful careers in a variety of fields, opportunities to grow and a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth. It’s all part of what makes #MyRichmondFed a great place to work!About the Opportunity
Are you a passionate cloud engineer that’s delivered systems in a fast-paced agile environment?
We are looking for a senior-level engineer who is a seasoned professional with a full understanding of cloud industry best practices.
This is a hands-on position that will develop conceptual, logical and physical IT engineering designs to support the infrastructure requirements of varying levels of technical and business application projects. This position will also analyze business requirements, as it relates to technical infrastructure design, and ensure the traceability of the design to the business requirements. Evaluates testing requirements and prepares testing strategies, as well as preparing implementation and transition plans.
The System Cloud Center provides the products and services to enable applications that drive the Federal Reserve System. We provide the critical technical foundation through the infrastructure that runs business and user computing services. We work as one-team to deliver high-quality, reliable and modern infrastructure technologies.
You will join a talented team of cloud engineers with diverse experiences, backgrounds, and skills. You will leverage your extensive cloud-native technology knowledge to ensure that our products are secure and deliver business benefits to our customers.
What You Will Do:
• Serve as a hands-on technical Engineer to provide key technology on a project that is focused on development and implementation of strategic technological initiatives
• Lead highly technical/complex projects utilizing IT staff and resources
• Perform resolution of complex hardware, environmental software operating systems and subsystems
• Oversee problem avoidance actions in the cloud hosting environments
• Implement changes to business information and technical systems
• Analyze and revise existing system logic and documentation as necessary
• May authorize risk level changes and recommend solutions to minimize and/or prevent system interruption
• Evaluate, recommend, and select new software/hardware
• Perform change and problem management using standard tools
• Ensure conformance and compliance with existing system standards; measure performance to ensure proper operation
• Follow and ensure conformance to technical standards for programming and design techniques
• Train technical staff on use of software/hardware tools in accordance with required standards and procedures
• Monitor compliance with internal audit requirements and information security manual guidelines
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• 3-6+ years with IT solution delivery Engineer experience and hands on experience with public, private and hybrid cloud services including; planning, development, migration and integration of applications and services from on premises infrastructure to AWS cloud based platforms –as-a-Service and infrastructure -as-a-Service
• AWS associate-level certification (Solutions Architect and/or Developer)
• Working knowledge of architecture and design of solutions using cloud-based technologies
• Experience with Terraform, ARM Templates, AWS CloudFormation, AWS Config, AWS Inspector, AWS GuardDuty
• Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change.
• Understand and apply risk management techniques in decision making.
• Ability to work under the direction and guidance in planning details of procedures and methods to attain definite objectives.
• Ability to make decisions within established or widely accepted standards and achieve assigned/planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, training, business principles, and practical experience.
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, creativity, attention to detail, and oral and written communications skills.
Discover the Reason Why So Many People Love It Here!
When you join Federal Reserve’s National IT organization, not only will you find a challenging and purposeful career, you’ll also have access to a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth, including:
• Great medical benefits
• Pension and 401(k) with employer match
• Generous paid time off
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee resource networks
• Paid volunteer leave
• Flexible work options
• Onsite amenities that make working here fun
Other Requirements and Considerations:
• Candidates should review the Bank’s Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules and personal investment restrictions. The Code is available on the About Us, Careers webpage at
• Sponsorship is not available for this role.
• Selected candidate is subject to special background check procedures.
• Salary offered will be based on the job responsibilities and the individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience as defined in the job qualifications/experience.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond provides equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, sex, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.
Valid through: 10/19/2021
$200K — $250K *
21 days ago