Here at Ellucian, we are motivated by a mission ~ the power of education to transform lives and change the world. We are the global market leader in EdTech for Higher Education, serving more than 2,700 customers and reaching over 20 million students in 50+ countries. We are dedicated to helping Higher Ed thrive by transforming their institutions to agile, digitally connected campuses that enable student success.
About the opportunity
As a member of the Cloud Center of Excellence you will work hand-in-hand with other Cloud Engineers, Architects, DBA and networking teams to develop, audit, implement and enhance global standards. Developing additional documentation, monitoring and audit frameworks to detect and correct inconsistencies in the environment and improve performance for our customers who depend on Ellucian to run their intuitions 24x7. In this role you will also partner with our SRE and Incident team to identify new problem areas that require additional analysis with R&D and Product and new standards and procedures to be developed. In this role you will help to develop and define SLO/SLI objectives for each application and develop monitoring to help ensure compliance.
Where you will make an impact
- Effectively manage and complete projects as necessary while lending support to other teams.
- Use Jira, Kanban, and other tools to manage projects.
- Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before they impact customers.
- Plan, define, and document standards for operations within the Cloud Business Unit for new products and current CI/CD services.
- Update our processes and design new processes as needed.
- Review, develop, and follow change management standards.
- Work with open-source technologies as needed.
- Offer technical support where needed.
- Specifying, documenting, and developing new product features, and writing automating scripts.
- Adhere to established best practices and toolsets.
- Building and maintaining tools, solutions and microservices associated with deployment and our operations platform, ensuring that all meet our customer service standards and reduce errors.
- Automate our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our security requirements.
- Stay current with industry trends and source new ways for our business to improve.
- Cover assigned rotation as an on-call resource.
- Evaluate technology and data gaps in the procurement operations and recommend solutions to support in the near and long-term to leadership.
- Identify cross-workstream dependencies to ensure a cohesive strategy.
- Identify potential risks and mitigation strategies of new solutions.
What you will bring
- Possesses the tenacity to delve to the root of the issue quickly, understand why it happened, and prevent it in the future.
- Proven experience collaborating with cross functional global and remote teams with diverse backgrounds.
- Strong verbal and written skills, excellent customer service, as well as high attention to detail.
- B.S (Computer Science/Engineering) or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience in multi-region, multi-tenant SaaS or PaaS environment.
- 2+ years of experience with AWS platform.
- 2+ years of experience with enterprise scale Linux and/or Windows administration.
- 2+ years of experience in web-based application deployment and administration using Apache, Tomcat, IIS, or Nginx.
- 2+ years of experience in developing and deploying automation and scripting using multiple tools.