Relentlessly protect the world’s information. Make a difference at Symantec. Across the globe, we are an ‘essential’ partner to both consumers and businesses of all sizes. We combine our talents, our brains, and our creative energy to reinforce our place as a world-class technical community.
IT Infrastructure Services group delivers business value and agility across Symantec through world-class delivery of state of the art IT services and technologies. We are currently looking for motivated individuals who not only “do” but are also leaders who influence change and make a difference.
• Design and create automated workflows for promoting code/infrastructure as code through the infrastructuretechnology stack and across environments.
• Operational Support of Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure both private and public.
• Define and automate code (puppet/chef), application, patch release processes according to internal standards.
• Work effectively in a distributed global team environment
• Perform System activities – support, patching, vulnerability remediation’s on Unix and Linux systems (Redhat 7.x, Solaris).
• Work with business to gather requirements and define solutions.
• Define and contribute to development of standards, guidelines, design patterns and common development frameworks & components
• Design and implement automated blueprints for installation and configuration of operating systems, applications, network VLAN configuration, SAN zoning, and storage provisioning to allow for user self-provisioning
• Solution and migrate applications to Azure cloud. Manage and Support Azure cloud Infrastructure.
• Perform System activities on VMware Virtualization environment.
• Design and configuration of Flexpods (UCS and Netapp storage arrays)
• Develop various system administration / monitoring tools for day to day use and handover to operation team with proper documentation and training.
• Participate in POC’s and implementing those using new technologies and tools.
• Troubleshoot OS, applications and Networking while leveraging internal teams for solutions.
• Define Requirements and standards to use for development environments.
• Process improvements and makes recommendations in continuous quality improvement
• Be highly flexible and adaptable to changing requirements, priorities, and environments
• Identify key risks on the technical design and work with involved teams for mitigation strategy and plans
• Deliver changes to the Unix platform by leveraging the change control process. Communicating and seeking approvals from business owners
• Maintain security standards according to Symantec documentations
• Provide 3rd level in accordance to SLA/OLA timeframes
• Work closely with internal development teams, database, storage teams and implementations teams to deliver new solutions
• Escalate and communicate solutions with the internal Networking and Implementation teams for hosting services
• Cloud Technologies Azure and AWS.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of capacity and configuration management tools (i.e chef/puppet and capacity management tools). BMC Bladelogic is a plus.
•, Flexpods, UCS Linux Red Hat, VMware technologies (VCAC, VCD, Vsphere, VC, VCNS etc) and advanced troubleshooting of these technologies
• A good understanding of networking essentials to troubleshoot any operating system failures
• Excellent Scripting and Automation skills
• • Excellent communications, consulting, and client relationship skills. Deep commitment and ability to be very responsive to customer and partner business needs, constraints
• Willingness to be on call after hours.
• Must be detail-oriented and a creative problem solver with strong organization skills. Ability to work in a fast paced multi-tasking environment with flexibility and a positive attitude.
• Redhat, Azure/AWS cloud, Automation, VMware technologies, experience is required for this position.
• 8-10 years of experience in IT, including 5+ years in working Redhat Linux OS is MUST • Atleast 2-3 years of cloud exposure either Azure or AWS 4-5 year of hands on experience of VMware ESX 5.x environments is MUST (including high availability (HA), SRM and DR technologies)
• Prior experience with Veritas Storage Foundation and good knowledge of storage technologies is essential Solid understanding of Storage (SAN, NAS and ISCI) technologies.
• In-depth experience with web, application and databasetechnologies – LAMP setups, apache tomcat, MySQL, Oracle databases
• The successful candidate should be able to automate tasks and processes to streamline end user satisfaction making use of Puppet and Orchestration.
• Experience with high volume load balanced websites with excellent troubleshootingexperience. Require scriptingexperience, Phython, perl or other.
• Experience with clustered file systems and SAN Technologies