Responsible for infrastructure and server engineering tasks that requires complex original problem solving. This role works to design and implement new technology and improve the delivery of current infrastructure and server services. The role also is a final escalation point for the infrastructure support team before involving vendor support.
- Lead technical problem-solving activities to quickly diagnose problems and restore services as directed.Opening tickets with vendors to resolve issues once all internal diagnostics have been completed.
- Author and peer review plans related to updating firmware, hypervisor components, and software for cloud-based infrastructure.Authoring documentation related to technology implementation tasks.Designing and authoring cloud automation scripts and workflow.
- Evaluate new and evolving technologies to provide technical feedback.
- Mentoring peers and Service Desk on reactive and proactive support tasks, policies and best practices.
- Providing consultative services to business units as well as other teams within the IT organization.
Basic Qualifications (BQs)
Education and Experience:Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of related experience or high school diploma/GED and 9 years of related experience
- (5+ years)/extensive experience in cloud infrastructure technologies and VMWare
- (5+ years)/extensive experience in Windows Server and Linux Server OS (REHL, CentOS, Ubuntu)
- Previous experience with IAAS/PAAS
- (2+ years) Proficient in PowerShell and/or Python and familiarity/proficiency with REST API
- (2+ years) Experienced with automated system builds and configuration management tools including Ansible, and Microsoft Desired State Configuration (DSC)
- (2+ years) Experience in Patch Management (SCCM, RedHat Satellite)
- (1+ years) experience working on a team that uses Agile project management
- (1+ years) experience with using ServiceNow or Enterprise ticketing system to manage incident, change and problem tickets
Preferred Qualifications (PQs)
Education and Experience:Bachelor’s degree and10years of related experience
- AWS, Azure deployment and container automation experience
- AWS/Azure Cloud Certification
- Using vRealize Life Cycle Manager to manage product upgrades
- Experience with GIT, NSX, Terraform