Job Profile Summary
CAI is looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer to join our team. The ideal resource would have a strong Azure background and well rounded cloud infrastructure experience and knowledge. This resource would be assisting with both client and internal initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and Implement solution deployments focused on Microsoft Azure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS).
- Responsible for delivering the technical designs, implementations and support within the following areas:
- Onsite AD & Azure Active Directory
- Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
- Certification Services (PKI)
- Direct Access / Remote Desktop Services
- Moving and expanding Active Directory from on premise to Azure
- Migrating workloads from On-Prem to Azure.
- Implement tools and processes to enable Azure DevOps
- Develop and maintain automation templates and other Infrastructure-As-Code (IaC) solutions (e.g. Terraform, Microsoft ARM) to automate the provision, maintenance and decommissioning of large-scale environments and configuration management within Azure.
- Perform security assessments and information system audits of the network, operating systems, application security, as well as auditing IT processes
- Assist with security requirements involving cloud, operating systems, applications, and databases.
- Actively assess existing cloud implementations, identify security issues, and prioritizing fixes.
- Establish foundation for future implementation and automation requirements in the cloud, identify opportunities for automation, and develop scalable solutions
- Build, create and maintain automated solutions with scripting, Jenkin, build systems, shared resources and other integrated systems
- Follow incident management and change management processes, create run-books
- 5-7 Years of experience with a strong focus in an infrastructure role with at least 2-3 years with Microsoft Azure.
- Associate degree in Information Systems/Network Systems Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 or more years of relevant experience in Microsoft Azure Infrastructure as a Service and Platform as a Service (e.g. Azure Batch, Data Factory, Logic App, Containers (AKS), Azure Active Directory, Azure Resource Manager)
- 2+ years experience with Microsoft Azure networking Services for Connectivity, Application Protection/Delivery Services and Network Monitoring Services.
- Intermediary knowledge with IP Networking and experience configuring L2/L3 Switches, firewalls, routers and gateways.
- Experience in networking concepts and services, such as, VPNs, IPsec, PKI and TCP/IP; familiar with high-availability (HA) and failover implementations for network infrastructure and server systems.
- 2+ years experience with cloud deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management for Azure solutions (Terraform, Azure Resource Manager (ARM), Kubernetes (AKS), Docker, Azure Serverless)
- Clear understanding of Agile, CI/CD Pipelines, Azure DevOps approach and how they impact risk management and compliance
- Experience managing HyperV / VMware virtual environments with Windows Server / Linux administrations skills
- 3+ years experience with scripting with Powershell, Bash and Python.
- 1+ years experience with end to end monitoring of cloud workloads using monitoring tools like Azure Application Insights, Azure Log Analytics, Container Monitoring Solution, Azure Monitor.
- Skilled in diagnosing and resolving cloud platform, infrastructure, service limitations and software issues
- Ability to analyze technical problems around product installation, configuration, integration
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Ability to perform at a high level within a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- Ability to effectively work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong desire to establish and meet aggressive deadlines
- Has the requisite knowledge to propose solutions or the capability to push MSFT for answers and then implement in client's solution
- Learner that is willing to read and explore and get a POC that is assigned to them implemented
- Experience creating technical designs for new and existing environments
- Experience deploying and maintaining systems and applications within a secure, regulated environment; knowledge to design and implement security tests in accordance with stated criteria
- Designing and Implementing Microsoft DevOps Solutions
- Deep and broad technical knowledge of and experience with IT security, cloud computing, compliance frameworks, Active Directory, identity and access management, service-oriented architectures, distributed systems, networking, modern application architectures, and the like; plus strong understanding of virtualization, storage systems, software-defined networks, Internet Protocol, high availability and high scalability using modern techniques (scale out versus scale up), etc.
- Broad knowledge of programming languages, operating system principles, networking, and software development best practices.
- Working knowledge of Azure Pipes in support of data migration / management
- Experience understanding protocols, such as, SSL/TLS, CIFS, HTTP/S, DHCP, SMTP, LDAP/S, NFS, SNMP and DNS