Cognosante is seeking to fill an Azure Cloud Engineer position with Event Hubs expertise in support of Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Cloud Operations and Migration Services (COMS) contract supporting the VA’s Enterprise Cloud (VAEC) Splunk environment. The Azure Cloud Engineer must have expertise with Microsoft Azure IaaS and PaaS services.
- Assist Enterprise Splunk team by providing operations and migration services that enable VA to tailor the availability and delivery of cloud computing services based on business and technical requirements
- Assist with upgrading, installing, and configure monitoring solutions for Azure for Linux and Windows servers
- Assisting with reporting on current infrastructure status, and planning for future usage
- Create technical documents and how-to guides and other deliverables
- Developing and analyzing security policies, procedures, and technical standards
- Maintain gold images and hardening scripts
- Utilize automation tools to maintain application infrastructure such as Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation, or similar
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalent (8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education)
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- The Intermediate Cloud Analyst must have experience with implementing, migrating, managing, and operating systems/applications in an enterprise cloud computing environment.
- The Intermediate Cloud Analyst should have subject matter in at least one of the VAEC Cloud Service Providers which currently includes Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Able to pass a background check to obtain a Public Trust
Candidates that do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant hands-on experience cloud experience in administering Microsoft Azure
- Experience conducting security assessments as it relates to Risk Management Framework
- Experience with Agile and DevOps model
- Experience with at least one configuration technology including: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with network and/or systems administration in Linux/Unix and/or Windows environments
- Experience working in a CMMI-DEV or CMMI-SVC environment at Maturity Level 3 or above
- Hands on experience with the design, development, operations, and maintenance of Azure Event Hubs
- Maintain knowledge of security regulations, best practices, countermeasures, compliance standards and current threats
- One or more Microsoft or Azure certifications
- One or more of these Splunk certifications: Splunk Core Certified Power User, Splunk Core Certified Advanced Power User, Splunk Enterprise Certified Admin, Splunk Enterprise Certified Architect, Splunk Enterprise Security Certified Admin, Splunk IT Service Intelligence Certified Admin
- Previous Federal Government experience
- Provide assistance to system users (e.g. connectivity, password resets, start/stop VMs, etc.)
- Provide technical support for the Nessus scanning solution including execution of scans, scan result breakdown and remediation of findings