Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Title: Cloud Engineer - AWS
Career Level: 4 (Lead)
Location: Hermitage, TN; Chicago, IL; Atlanta, GA. preferred, but open to other locations
Organization: Technology & Infrastructure - Office of the Deputy CIO for Technology
The Platform and Engineering team is a part of the Deloitte Cloud Solution Center that reports to the office of the Deputy CIO of Technology and is responsible for delivering cloud solutions that accelerate the delivery of both revenue-generating and internal applications. The team specializes in digitizing the firm's best practices and instantiating them as platform tool configurations and automations that drive agility while providing a secure and resilient hosting environment.
The cloud engineer is a critical thinker and problem solver with a business-first mindset. As a member of the Platform Engineering team, you will lead the design and development of our core global cloud platform capabilities across multiple cloud providers including Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
Your responsibilities include partnering with cloud providers, architects, and other engineering teams in developing our global cloud platform as well as providing best practices and approaches to ensure resiliency and availability of cloud solutions. You will be challenged to create strategies that ensures the secure consumption of the platform through continuous innovation, simplification, decentralization and self-service automation.
- Be a thought leader by staying abreast of current and emerging cloud technologies and industry trends.
- Work with your peers to design and build our global cloud hosting platform capabilities and incorporate the necessary automations and tool configurations that ensure agile and secure consumption.
- Be a trusted advisor for cloud initiatives by providing objective, practical and relevant ideas, insights and advice while also building organizational partnerships and networks to ensure comprehensive cloud capabilities are developed with input from appropriate business and IT resources.
- Directly support the use and delivery of cloud services in the organization.
- Partner with business and IT stakeholders to deliver strategic investments in cloud.
- Ensure that all cloud solutions follow established security and compliance controls.
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's preferred; or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant IT experience with at least 2 of those years of experience or a combination of 2 years in the following:
- developing serverless applications using AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway and AWS Step functions
- programming in at least one of the following; java, C++, Python, etc.
- experience in designing, developing, testing and implementing REST based API's
- experience in developing AWS landing zones for multi account management at scale.
- experience with infrastructure as code development using CloudFormation.
- AWS Expertise and Certification required, and may be considered in lieu of experience
- Strong understanding of microservice architectures, principles and pattern
- Experience with continuous integration and version control tools, such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins, GIT etc.
- Must understand Agile/SCRUM methodologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills