Arbor, a real estate investment trust that invests in a diversified portfolio of multifamily and commercial real estate-related loans and other real estate-related assets has a career opportunity for a Cloud Engineer. There is flexibility for this role to be based in Arbor's Depew, Uniondale, or New York, New York locations. The Cloud Engineer will report directly to and work with the VP Data Architecture & Business Intelligence and shall be responsible for the design, implementation and management of the cloud environments and integration solutions in support of Arbor’s technology strategies, with the goals of minimizing complexity in the technical environment and driving the acceleration of the delivery of critical business capabilities at an enterprise level.
The Cloud Engineer will have the following duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Design implement and manage existing innovative and integrated cloud environments in alignment with Arbor’s technology roadmap and corporate objectives.
- Design, implement and manage cloud backup, security and disaster recovery strategies.
- Perform systems administration of cloud environments including operating system and security patch installation.
- Gather, analyze and document the systems integration and data integration requirements. Translate requirements into innovative solution designs that are standards based, high performance driven, scalable and reusable to achieve both the internal integration and external B2B strategies.
- Assist in the investigation, identification and proposal processes for integration, cloud management and other related technology solutions that will enable both internal and external systems and data integration strategies.
- Work closely with the Enterprise Architect and IT to ensure that all solution designs, process models and implementation plans are in alignment with systems/application integration, enterprise scheduling, managed file transfer, process optimization, information security and other best practices.
- Work in accordance with defined project management (PMLC), systems/software development life cycle (SDLC) phases and change management procedures to deliver required documentation and artifacts.
- Perform configuration, administration, performance analysis and optimization for the cloud environment.
- Work with and provide solution-level guidance to developers, both internal and supplier.
- Collaborates with othertechnology and/or business teams on innovation initiatives, and provides industry knowledge and best practice guidance.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Arbor business and technical staff, key points of contact and leadership to identify opportunities and evangelize cloud based systems integration and data integration solutions.
Education:Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related engineering degreerequired.
Experience: Minimum of 6 years of experience in designing, developing and implementing complex business and/or robotic process automation integrated solutions.
- Working knowledge of several architecture disciplines including Solution Architecture, Application Integration Architecture, Information SecurityArchitecture and Business Process Modeling.
- Proficiency in cloud, messaging and web services design methodologies and implementation.
- Experience with Integration & Middleware, Messaging, Enterprise Scheduling, Web Service and API tools and technologies.
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure and Platform Services integration such as Amazon Web Services and MS Azure.
- Experience in software engineering and systems integration using Systems/Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile methodologies.
- Experience with object oriented languages, scriptinglanguages and SQL.
- Databaseexperience with MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL or otherbig datatechnologies. Experience with structured and unstructured data.
- Familiarity with Operating Systems administration for MSWindows and Linux.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with technical teams, business partners and senior management in both written and verbal forms.
- Proven ability to build and maintain productive relationships within the team and across the organization with key business partners including strategic business units and other divisions.