A significant and growing share of Aerospike deployments are happening in the cloud, and we are looking for engineers with experience in modern operations (a background in DevOps and SRE), to help us create the tools necessary for making Aerospike a great cloud database. You will have an opportunity to continue working with new technologies and own/maintain highly visible open source projects. The code you produce must be high-quality and well-tested.
- Design, develop and document Aerospike Cloud tools for automating deployment and operations in cloud and container-based environments
- Work with customers, product and solutions architecture teams to understand requirements
- Analyze and improve the efficiency, reliability, and scalability of the platform
- 3+ years hands-on coding with Go, Java or Python
- Experience provisioning using Terraform, Ansible or cloud-specific APIs for AWS, GCP, etc
- Experience automating configuration using Chef, Puppet or Kubernetes
- Knowledge of container orchestration using Kubernetes or Docker Swarm
- Proficiency with Kubernetes a strong plus
- Experience with Kubernetes Operator a plus
- Experience with NoSQL databases a plus
- Self-starter that demonstrates initiative and ability to work independently with little supervision
- If available, please supply Git repos you have worked on, code examples, or questions you have answered (StackOverflow, etc).