As a CloudNetworking andInfrastructure Engineer, you will guide customers on how to configure and deploy their Google Cloudinfrastructure consisting ofnetworkarchitecture, applicationsecurity, identity and access management, logging, monitoring, and more. You will consult with customers on how to best design, deploy and optimize their cloudnetworkinfrastructure for high availability, reliability, performance and scale. You willtravelto customer sites to deploy solutions and deliver workshops to educate and empower customers. Additionally, you will work closely with Product Management and Product Engineering to drive excellence in Google Cloud products and features.
In this role, you are the Engineer working with strategic Cloud customers. Together with the team, you will support customer implementation of Google Cloud products through: architecture guidance, best practices, capacity planning, implementation, troubleshooting, monitoring and more.
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
- Be a trusted technical advisor to customers and solve complex Cloud Infrastructure and Networking challenges.
- Create and deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, sample code, and technical presentations adapting to different levels of key business and technical stakeholders.
- Travel regularly (up to 30%) in-region for meetings, technical reviews, and onsite delivery activities.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with data center networking and/or cloud networking.
- Experience working with technical customers; Experience in scripting/coding, and with algorithms and data structures.
- Ability to travel.
- Experience in scalable networking design including high availability, redundancy, failover and load balancing.
- Hands-on experience with one or more third-party networking products.
- Networktroubleshooting skills.
- Understanding of networking protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP/S and BGP.
- Understanding of networksecurity design including segmentation, encryption, logging and monitoring.