Position at Tokio Marine HCC
Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Continental Europe, transacting business in approximately 180 countries and underwriting more than 100 classes of specialty insurance. Tokio Marine HCC products and capabilities set the standard for the industry, and many of the Company’s almost 3,000 employees are industry-leading experts.
The Cloud Network Engineer performs duties and specializes in areas related to networking in a multi-cloud environment. This position is responsible for the most complex systems and platforms, needs minimal or no assistance, architects, develops, installs, and maintains the network infrastructure solutions that transcend into other departments.
- Experience with cloud network design, implementation, monitoring and troubleshooting is required.
- Azure and Amazon Web Service (AWS) experience required; additional cloud providers desirable.
- Experience with direct connect services is required.
- Skill with automated techniques to deploy and manage networking is desired (NAC, IAC).
- Cisco ACI design, implementation, operation and troubleshooting knowledge is required.
- Work with management to determine LAN, Wireless LAN and WAN business needs and implements effective enterprise-wide network strategies.
- Investigate and resolve problems, inefficiencies and enhances network performance.
- Create network documentation, performance growth, planning needs and train and mentor process and procedures.
- Responsible for complex system design and implementations, including network architecture and configurations to maximize the sharing of applications, information and resources across the company.
- Coordinate with vendors/departments to procure hardware, software and services and obtains their assistance to achieve timely completion of projects.
- Provide leadership on project teams, including the identification of the project scope and objectives and managing the process for timely project completion.
- Research new technologies to improve efficiencies with technology.
- Perform business case studies to justify the need for technology and provide ongoing information to management, peers and customers regarding enhancements and innovations.
- Analyzing production cloud network security issues and resolve.
- Follow troubleshooting mechanisms and suggest corrective action.
- Administering service requests and execute cloud network security changes.
- Coordinate with cross technology technical team to resolve the incident.
- Track issues that are intermediate in nature until its closure working with multiple stakeholder Identify the issues root cause and create root cause analyses.
- Identify design related gaps that caused the incident and propose for preventive action.
- Work through problem management process to support technical implementation.
- Comply to change management process for change implementation.
- Engage public cloud provider technical support to troubleshoot the issue and escalate to get it resolved.
- Document cloud network and security design for various projects and deployment scenarios.
- Support deployment of cloud network and security design whenever required.
- Additional duties as required and possible remote implementation assistance on special projects.
- Work across multiple teams to remediate all possible vulnerabilities identified.
- Work directly with the Network Architect and Network Engineering Manager to provide engineering solutions to support the enterprise infrastructure.
- 5+ years hands on experience designing highly available and secure distributed system and the network architectures in AWS and Azure.
- Strong experience with AWS and Azure network topology and services (Multi account/VPC environments that are integrated via AWS transit gateway, Direct Connects/VPNs connecting to physical locations, SD WAN experience preferred)
- Multi cloud experience would be preferable. AWS, Azure
- Strong experience with network operating systems and routing protocols
- Firewall design and configuration (Cisco FTD experience a plus)
- Strong understanding of cloud security, particularly around cloud services and web applications/APIs.
- Network troubleshooting experience with Packet capture systems and tools
- Experience building and integrating with monitoring/alerting systems, in terms of both alerting/tracing/performance of our environment
- Familiarity with AWS based micro service application architectures would be a big benefit (Container and Serverless based stacks)
- Windows systems experience preferred
- Virtualization experience via VMware would be a plus
- Passion for cloud technology and trends and keeping up to date
- AWS Networking and Content Delivery Certification required
- Microsoft Azure Administrator Associate Certification required
- AWS Virtual Private Cloud Subnets and Routing preferred
- AWS Advanced Networking preferred
- Any other AWS Networking certifications preferred