Functional Responsibility: Part of a technical team performing design, implementation, and integration of software. Performs complex software development tasks related to cloud architecture. Strategic role in maintaining all cloud systems including the front-end platforms, servers, storage and management networks. Formulates /defines specifications for complex operating software programming applications or modifies/maintains complex existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer. Provides overall guidance for cloud environments, such as sophisticated file maintenance routines, large telecommunications networks, various middleware, and software programs and applications.
- Cloud focused, with a deep understanding of VPN concentrators, and network ops in and to the cloud
- Design, implement, manage, and maintain AWS environment and tools
- Operations and Maintenance Tier I-III Support for IT Infrastructure across multiple networks and security domains
- Update/Create documentation as needed (user guides, admin guides, knowledge base articles, FAQs, quick reference guides)
- Set-up, configuration, and support of internal, external, and cloud networks
- Identifying and analyzing systems requirements
- Developing and maintaining system applications, security, and maintaining network configurations
- Create and implement router and switch configurations
- Troubleshooting network performance issues
- Providing user support and guidance
- Configuring physical and virtual switching, routing, and firewall protocols, ports, and services
- Developing and maintaining disaster recovery plans
- Manage network communications testing, installation, and support, including LAN/MAN/WAN system
- Provide recommendations to enhance and improve network performance
- Interface with vendors to address problem escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance
- Provide quality assurance review and evaluation of new and existing networking products
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends new computer network equipment and technologies
- Utilizes monitoring, performance analysis, network management, software and hardware equipment to trouble shoot and isolate problems, gauge network performance, and trace data and protocol activity
- Devises solutions to complex operational problems within the capacity and operational limitations of installed equipment
- Develops and executes contingency plans for network software and hardware failures including isolated and major outages
- Other duties as required
- BS in Computer Science or closely related field
- 4 years of experience designing, executing and supporting IT cloud solutions
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current computing needs
- Extensive experience working with AWS cloud-based services and tools
- Experience creating and managing a Virtual Private Cloud and its associated tools, configuration, and functionality
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with customers and multi-cultural teams
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to communicate (verbally and written) in a clear, concise manner
Equipment Operated: Standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, etc.
Work Environment: Work performed in an office environment. Involves frequent contact with staff and customers.
Other Requirement(s): This position requires U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a Government public trust level security clearance. You will also meet the residency qualifications if you lived abroad while on government or military duty or if you were a dependent of a federal employee of military member.
Mental/Physical Requirements: Manual dexterity for office machine operation; stooping, bending to handle files and supplies, mobility to complete errands or deliveries. Must be able to remain in stationary position for extended periods of time. Stress can be triggered by multiple demands and deadlines.