CSRA is in search of a Senior Systems Architect with concentrated Cloud Network Engineering experience to support the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) milCloud® 2.0 program.
The DISA milCloud® 2.0 platform, powered by CSRA, is transforming the way DoD and DISA Mission Partners manage their IT solutions by offering a FedRAMP High Impact Level 5 and 6 platform for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) with 99.9% service availability, active-active replication COOP/DR in an on-premises environment within the DoDIN. The Cloud Network Architect will be an integral member of the CSRA milCloud® 2.0 Migration Team, assisting DISA and DoD Mission Partners in planning, design, migration, sustainment, and operations of applications on the milCloud® 2.0 platform. The Cloud Network Architect will work with a large Program Team of pre-Sales support, System/Database/Network Engineers, Developers, Service Desk, Government staff, and Subcontracting partners engaged in migrating clients to milCloud® 2.0 by navigating them through various DoD policy and transformation challenges and moving applicable workloads to the cloud using tailored customer engagement phases and activities.
- Maintain expert knowledge of current features, planned future capabilities, and limitations of the milCloud® 2.0 platform as well as other commercial cloud platforms (AWS)
- Evaluate customer requirements and design compliant, cost-effective architectural solutions that meet customer application, security, technology, and business requirements and seek to reduce the overall cost of sustaining the clients' systems and applications in the cloud.
- Develop solutions for migrating legacy or early stage technology to cloud environments
Evaluate and have a firm understanding of emerging technologies and trends for high performance distributed computing within cloud infrastructures
- Provide solution and service engineering activities, i.e. proof-of concepts, pilots, use case development, solution validation, workshops, and enablement
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of different Network and Cloud technologies and supporting solution areas and develop new technology integrations and solution capabilities
- Provide expert technical architectural support and guidance for solution opportunities that involve virtualization, software defined networking, cloud infrastructure, management and security, including integration with select 3rd party products
- Develop and release of sales, technical, and service delivery collaterals including deployment guides, best practices, sizing whitepapers and solution reference architectures
- Work directly with mission partners and other customers to guide them through the web-based ordering, delivery, and billing processes
- Strong knowledge of DoD network security policies; understanding of NIPRNet and SIPRNet
- Strong knowledge of Secure Cloud Computing Architecture (SCCA) standards for enterprise-level cloud security and management services including cloud access points (CAP), virtual data centers, and virtual network enclave security.
- Network Architecture Experience with Public Cloud deployments (Azure, AWS)
- Expert level knowledge of Cisco and Juniper technologies, including Routing/Switching, Firewalls and Load Balancing solutions
- Strong knowledge of F5 BIG-IP Load Balancing solutions including LTM, GTM, and ASM solutions
- Strong knowledge of Software Defined Network (SDN) technologies from Cisco and VMWare
- Strong experience with VPN solutions including different types of IPSec endpoints including Cisco Firewalls, Cisco VPN Concentrators, Cisco Routers
- Expert level knowledge of Layer 2 technologies, including Spanning-Tree, VLANs, VTP, UDLD, VDC, and CDP
- Expert knowledge of Layer 3 technologies, including IPv4, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, IPv6, HSRP, and VRRP
- Solid practical understanding of Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), Software Defined WAN (SD-WAN), and Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Passionate, persuasive, articulate technical professional capable of quickly establishing interest and credibility in how to design, deploy and operate Cloud based Architectures.
- Strong written, verbal and whiteboard skills; proven ability to work effectively with a large, geographically-dispersed team and to adjust communications to varying levels of business and technical oriented audiences
- Good business judgment, a comfortable, open communication style, and a willingness and ability to work with customers and teams.
- Strong commitment to quality, along with balanced and pragmatic contributory approach to long-term vision, and incrementally phased way-ahead
- Knowledge of ICAP
- DoD Clearance (active Secret minimum)
- CompTIA Security+, CASP, or CISSP
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP); CCNP:Cloud preferred