WellSky is seeking a Cloud DevOps Engineer to join our team. In this role will create, maintain, and troubleshoot the Development, QA, Staging, and Production environments in AWS. This role will be responsible for automating Docker image maintenance in AWS ECR, product code builds and deployments to AWS EKS.
A day in the life!
You will be responsible for the following:
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
- Apply cloud (AWS & Azure) computing skills to automate, deploy upgrades and fixes.
- Optimize the products computing architecture.
- Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability.
- Troubleshoot and maintain Development, QA, Stage, and Production system configurations.
- Develop and maintain design and troubleshooting documentation.
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment.
- Responsibilities also include close collaboration with software developers on the product teams, operations staff, and other IT staff members to manage code releases.
Do you have what it takes?
- 5+ years’ experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent software-engineering role.
- Senior level experience in software development lifecycle automation(DevOps) in AWS.
- Expert in code deployment tools (Ansible, Puppet and/or Chef).
- Experienced in creating Docker containers.
- Proven experience maintaining and configuring Kubernetes container orchestration system.
- Experience in infrastructure as code.
- AWS experience, specifically: EC2, EKS, ECR, RDS, IAM, VPC, Cloud Formation
- Must have Container Orchestration experience, specifically: Kubernetes, Helm.
- Continuous Delivery/Integration: Azure DevOpsor Jenkins
- OS Automation & Administration Experience: Linux (Ubuntu 18.04 or higher), Windows Server 2016 or higher.
- You possess a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field.
Do you stand above the rest?
- You possess a problem-solving attitude.
- You can build and maintain Java, C# and .NET Core applications.
- You have experience in network, server, and application-status monitoring.
- You can work as part of an agile software development team.
- Azure or GCP Experience
- You have working knowledge of Ruby or Python and known DevOps tools like SVN, TFS and Git.
- Application Development/Coding/Scripting Experience: Ruby, Python, bash, Powershell