We are looking for Cloud Devops Engineer for our client in Wayne, NJ
Job Title: Cloud Devops Engineer
Job Location: ?Wayne, NJ
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Build and lead the creation and automation of operational processes and procedures, and continuous process improvement
- Ensures cloud infrastructure is properly patched, monitored, and maintained.
- Work closely with the Infrastructure and Application leaders to improve both the ease of doing business, as well as reliability for the Infrastructure organizations internal clients.
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization by being a proactive senior manager who understands the needs of each business and ensuring that all project and operational activities are directed towards meeting their goals and service levels.
- Work closely with the Infrastructure engineering team and architecture team to help shape a clear technology lifecycle strategy for all infrastructure platforms.
- Provide leadership in planning for the future infrastructure, proposing new directions and technologies. Participates in the setting of technical standards and drive migration efforts to the future technology infrastructure.
- Actively participates in disaster recovery efforts, ensuring redundancy of all infrastructure platforms to mitigate major business losses in the event of disaster outages.
- Bachelor?s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field; or equivalent work experience
- AWS or similar cloud certifications preferred but not required
- 5+ years of professional hands on experience in building and maintaining with AWS, and/or similar cloud platforms in large enterprise infrastructure
- Expert level knowledge of automation, configuration management and CI\CD tools including Ansible, Chef, Salt Stack, Puppet, Docker, Bit bucket,
- Strong hands on technical experience in compute, network and storage services running on major OS (Windows, Linux/Unix)
- Working knowledge of system deployment and configuration management tools (i.e. Squid, Puppet, Packer, Chef, Salt, etc.)
- Demonstrable knowledge of Ruby, Python
- Strong understanding of architecture patterns and operational characteristics of highly available and scalable applications on cloud platforms
- Experience architecting and implementing CDN solutions
- Understanding of API Security and Management and services
- Understanding of DevOps concepts and Agile methodologies
- Assertive, energetic, and results-driven leader who has the ability to succeed in a results-focused organization
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Deep understanding of what it is to be an internal service provider, one who listens attentively, and builds bridges rather than walls
- Strong understanding of security and risk, especially as it relates to patch and configuration management, logging, alerting, monitoring and auditing including PCI standards
- Proven track record with operational and availability monitoring and alerting using the ELK stack and APM monitoring tools, and integration of incident management and response tools such as Jira
- Ability to work under pressure, balancing multiple tasks and priorities while maintaining the composure and resilience to relieve stress across the work group rather than adding to it
- A proven track record of leading complex organizations to achieve success and overcome the resistance often encountered when delivering cultural and operational change Enterprise e-commerce and retail domain knowledge preferred