Taos is immediately hiring a Cloud DevOps Engineer to join our Managed Services team. This is a full time permanent role with Taos and is 100% remote!
What you'll be doing:
- Actively engaging with customers and other Taos support teams as a DevOps/Cloud subject matter expert and escalation point.
- Assisting in the transformation of architecture and technologies, driving adoption of leading edge cloud services.
- Leading modernization and optimization efforts to improve reliability and scalability of systems and platforms.
- Assisting the customer with management and improvement with CI/CD pipeline and configuration management tooling and approaches.
- Driving efficiency and reducing error rates with scripting and automation.
- Providing prompt, efficient, detailed, customer-oriented service to Taos customers
- Working with other customer support teams to ensure a consistent and high-quality level of support
- Being a voice and advocate for our customers when something does not feel right
- Acting as an advocate for our customer, reporting and acting on observed areas for improvement
- Actively seeking solutions to customer needs, communicating trends to leadership, and suggesting innovative solutions on behalf of the customer experience
- Assisting with customer communication during critical launches and support events
- Assuming responsibility for developing detailed knowledge about specific product lines and features
- Ensuring internal knowledge reference pages are updated
What you'll bring with you:
- 3+ years working directly with, or in support of Cloud technologies (GCP, Azure, AWS)
- Demonstrated knowledge of DevOps principles. Hands-on experience required.
- Experience with containerization and/or microservices architecture (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Practical experience migrating applications, services and/or servers from on-premises/data centers to the cloud.
- Experience with configuration management and automation (Terraform, DSC, Ansible, etc.)
- Multiple platform certifications, or equivalent experience (Windows, Linux, etc).
- Senior-level Linux administration.
- One or more Architect level cloud certifications (Google Cloud Platform, Azure, AWS).
- Demonstrated analytical/troubleshooting skills and drive to solve problems
- Demonstrated ability in at least one scripting language (Python, Bash, PowerShell, etc.)
- Ability to work weekends and/or evenings
- Demonstrated ability to lead customer discussions and articulate the alignment of technology and business objectives
- Proven success in a fast-paced support environment