Our Software team has a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a Cloud Application Developer in our Phoenix office. This individual will work on intelligent transportation system solutions for connected vehicles, adaptive traffic control, traffic and transit modeling and simulation, internet of things, smart cities, traffic adaptive control and smart mobility web and mobile apps. Ranked as one of Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For,” Kimley-Horn prides itself on hiring high-achieving, dedicated, and reliable professionals.
Primary focus of the role will be:
- Identifying new cloud technologies and platforms to help solve technical challenges
- Designing and building cloud applications using Microsoft Azure cloud technologies (PaaS, IaaS).
- Designing technical architecture for cloud solutions that meet the needs for scalability, reliability, and performance.
- Developing application integration between Azure apps and other cloud/on premise apps
- Cloud Capacity Planning, Profiling, Load testing, and monitoring of cloud applications, while incorporating security best practices.
- Job duties will require interacting with business customers, IT personnel and members of the IT management team.
- Degree in Computer Science, ElectricalEngineering, Systems Engineering or related field of study. (BS with 3+ years’ experience or MS with 1+ years’ experience)
- Azure application development. Proficiency with Azure PaaS services (Service Bus, Event Hub, Stream Analytics, Mobile and Web App Services, Azure SQL, NoSQL)
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Azure Services such as Azure API Management, Azure Database Management, and Azure Security.
- Working knowledge of Xamarin development, WebAPI, C#, jQuery with reference to programming of Azure Web Services.
- Experience with VSTS/TFS for source control, continuous integration and deployment, unit testing, and software development lifecycle.
- Agile Methodologies, Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Delivery, Waterfall, Object oriented analysis and design. Strong documentation and communication skills
Min. Experience 4 Min. Education Level Bachelor's Degree Required Major Any Relevant Major