Are you awesome at databases but also have a passion for ensuring all aspects of a SaaS product line are providing a great customer experience? As a Cloud Database Engineer for WorkForce, you will work as part of the Cloud Services team responsible for managing and optimizing mission critical database systems and applications supporting our flagship WorkForce Software management suite of products. You will constantly seek new ways to improve application performance and build tools to automate repetitive tasks within our 10 data centers located around the world.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure the availability, performance and scalability of the database platforms that support WorkForce products.
- Provide ongoing database management and maintenance tasks as well as performance tuning.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot production application and database issues.
- Help define and operationalize best practices for database deployments in both private and public clouds, including configuration, health monitoring, backups and availability, data security, and performance.
- Responsibility to manage storage and utilization of resources.
- Deliver high-impact, high-value automation.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Proficient with one or more scripting / programming languages (shell, bash, php, perl, ect.)
- Demonstrate great analytic skills, able to independently troubleshoot application issues.
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to work with a range of teams and skill sets
- Experience in Oracle 11g/12c administration, tuning, and application troubleshooting
- Linux system administration
- Cloud infrastructure experience with Azure or AWS
- Experience with VMWare
- Experience with both IaaS and PaaS services, including deploying Infrastructure as Code
- Well versed in Agile methodologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or minimum 5 years equivalent experience.