$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
The Data & Analytics team at Slalom is a full-service data practice with competencies across information strategy, modern data architecture, data visualization, and data science. We are seeking a Cloud Data Engineer to join our Portland team who is passionate about developing innovative solutions to help organizations drive strategic business outcomes and enable data-driven insights. You are a cloud domain expert responsible for client delivery, complex solutioning and knowledge management. Slalom is proud to be a Premier AWS Partner, Microsoft Gold Partner, and Google Premier Partner.
• Work as part of a team to develop Cloud Data and Analytics solutions.
• Participate in development of cloud data warehouses and business intelligence solutions.
• Data wrangling of heterogeneous data and explore and discover new insights.
• Gain hands-on experience with new data platforms and programming languages (e.g. Python, Hive, Spark).
• Deliver on the technical scope of projects & demonstrate thought leadership at clients as well as internally at Slalom.
• Gather technical requirements, assess client capabilities and analyze findings to provide appropriate cloud solution recommendations and adoption strategy.
• Research, analyze, recommend and select technical approaches for solving challenging and complex development and integration problems.
• Assist in designing multi-phased cloud data strategies, including designing multi-phased implementation roadmaps.
• Analyze, architect, design, and actively develop cloud data warehouse, data lakes, and other cloud-based data solutions.
• Design and develop scalable data ingestion frameworks to transform variety of data sets.
• Serve as a subject matter expert in a cloud platform for larger the Slalom practice and contribute back to community.
• 4+ years of data engineering and/or data warehousing experience.
• 2+ years of deep experience building cloud data solutions (Azure, AWS, GCP, Snowflake).
• Experience migrating from an on-prem data to cloud data platform.
• Deep experience with designing and deploying end to end solutions with a cloud platform's analytic services including storage, permissions, private cloud, database services, virtual machines, and parallel processing technologies.
• Experience with big data application development and/or with cloud data warehousing (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Redshift, Snowflake, Azure SQL DW, BigQuery).
• Working knowledge of agile development including DevOps concepts.
• Experience with cloud SDKs and programmatic access services.
• Proficient in a relevant programming language for cloud platform (e.g. Python, Java, C#, Unix).
• Proficient in SQL.
• Working experience with version control platforms e.g. Git.
• Strong communication skills.
• One or more cloud certifications.
• Consulting experience.
• Expert programming skills in Python and a software development background.
• Experience writing "infrastructure as code" deployments e.g. ARM, CloudFormation, Terraform.
• Understanding of cloud strategies and best practices expanding into cloud networking, cloud security, encryption, private cloud configuration, and overall cloud governance approaches.
• Strong background in data warehousing concepts, ETL development, data modeling, metadata management, and data quality.
Valid Through: 2019-10-17