Senior architecture resource who has experience with cloud data management, datastore design, data aggregation services and creating strategic data management architectures in a microservice environment. This resource must have real-world experience migrating from traditional enterprise relational databasearchitecture towards cloud base microservices with “eventual consistency” architecture.
The candidate will (1) work with project teams to gain full understanding of current RDBMS and software application architecture, (2) design new data architecture and plan for teams to follow to migrate to a new design and (3) evaluate and propose appropriate data services which will support a suite of web applications already in production.
- Establishes data management practices, processes and governance for a critical Homeland Security customer.
- Evolves the current relational database management-centric approach to data management, persistence and analytics to encompass polyglot data management and persistence (specifically to include No SQL solutions include document-centric, GIS, graph databases).
- Defines practices and standards for management of data based on transactional needs, particularly around patterns for consistency, availability and partition management (CAP theorem).
- Defines approach for establishing a data services layer to scalably, securely and resiliently support the establishment of a set of application microservices.
- Establishes a strategy for migrating and transforming from legacy data management to polyglot persistence data management approach.
- Creates the strategy for leveraging public cloud data management solutions vs self-managed data management solutions.
- Investigates and understands current software application design in order to recommend appropriate courses of action towards modernization.
- Produces detailed analysis that clearly define cost benefit of current architecture and any proposed new architectures.
- Presents research and analysis findings to executive management with clear recommendations.
- Minimum 15years of IT experience and a Master’s degree or equivalent blend of education and experience.
- Proven experience modernizing legacy RDBMS
- Experience with relational database (RDBMS) design and architecture; preferably Oracle
- Experience implementing data aggregation services
- Experience delivering and designing microservice architecture
- Strong understanding of software and web application technologies
- Experience working with AWS cloud technologies
- Experience support web application software.