$150K — $200K *
Reporting to the Manager, Business Intelligence & Data, the Data Architect defines all aspects of data management, including storage, consumption access, governance and integrity and establishes, promotes and trains a network of key users that are data fluent with a culture of self-reliant, quick and effective data-driven decision support.
Summary of Duties:
• Inventories all data content (External, sensors, factory, product, business and design)
• Gathers and interprets data expectations from internal stakeholders
• Defines and implements Data Architecture that responds to expectations
• Works with Data specialists to implement data flows and data flows lifecycle
• Defines how data is processed, stored, and utilized
• Provides criteria for data processing operations
• Establishes data flows across systems for data integration and archiving purposes
• Owns, publishes and validates all reference data
• Establishes and updates a Business Data Framework in coordination with key Business Stakeholders
• Designs and implements security in a manner that enables effective and governed access to data
Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in computer science plus 8 years' experience in Data Science or related field; or 10 years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Database Administration
• Data Structures
• Business systems design
• Management and manipulation of unstructured data
• Data Quality
• Data Governance
• Cloud and Hybrid architecture
• Master and Business-Referential data management
• Data Exchange and processing (one or more of the following: EDI, API, ETL, MapReduce, Pig, Spark, Storm, NoSQL, MongoBD, etc)
Additional Preferred Skills:
• Experience with presentation of insights to business or functional users at all/any level of the organization
• Data science and advanced Analytics, Prescriptive Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning
• Ability to effectively communicate in French
Description: Senior-level position within field
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. #LI-1KO1
1. Does require fluent communication in English language.
3. Traveling may be required.
4. Protracted or irregular hours may be required.
5. Relocation to another Safran facility may be required.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.
Valid through: 12/15/2021